i cant get into my old email

by Ach1l1es

Original Post

i cant get into my old email

★★★ Novice

ok so i don't know what to do anymore. I'm trying to connect my old Xbox ea. account to my new steam ea. account. problem is that I don't have access whatsoever to my old email. also the chat option or the email option keeps flagging me so i cant get into contact with someone... what do i do?

Message 1 of 18 (299 Views)

Re: i cant get into my old email

Community Manager

@Ach1l1es 

Account security is important to us.

When helping with certain issues, like account changes, we must verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

If you are not able to gain access to the email on file, or for some reason the linked EA account is not your account, you will need to reach out to live support by clicking Contact Us on any help.ea.com page to start a new case. Please first delete all cache and browser history from the browser(s) you normally use.

• Select the EA App
  • Select one of the account issues like I cannot log in
  • You may get a pop-up that says login and get faster help
  • Select Continue without logging in
  • This should give you the chat/email option

If you’re able to regain access to your email account later, you can resume this case on EA Help at help.ea.com/my-cases/.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 18 (294 Views)

★★★ Novice

i will have to try to do another prompt for the chat or email without any other open tabs in the browser.

i literally just want my old account to get connected to my new account so i can have my apex crossplay but now that my old email address apparently doesn't even exist anymore i cant even do that.

ive been sitting here for a hour trying to figure out how to get into contact with ea. this is stupid!

Message 3 of 18 (287 Views)

Community Manager

@Ach1l1es I just tried the above options and I see the chat with just EA App - I need help logging into my account options chosen. The steps above do work if followed as outlined.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 18 (280 Views)

★★★ Novice

No and I will do that once I get back home I honestly needed to step away because it has pissed me off. I've had the chat option to where it went through but then told me that I didn't have any open cases or anything. A friend of my also told me that maybe my ad blocker could be messing with it aswell. I appreciate your help @EA_Shepard 

Message 5 of 18 (270 Views)

Community Manager

@Ach1l1es I get it. It can be frustrating for sure. The good thing is you don't need to be logged in or set up your own case as they will do it for you when you get a hold of one of them.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 6 of 18 (264 Views)

★★★ Novice

so anytime i try to open a chat when not signed in it tells me that the bot found an error!

Message 7 of 18 (252 Views)

★★★ Novice

also the same thing with when i try to send out a email!

Message 8 of 18 (249 Views)

Community Manager

@Ach1l1es When you go to Help.ea.com under the game support tab, and you chose the EA app, and then I cannot log into my EA account what happens?

If you are in the accounts tab it may not work and give the chat option. Make sure you are in the games tab.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 165536.png

From the Image you can see there is no account logged in, I have "I need help logging into my EA Account" selected, and I am under the games tab section from the main page. I now have a chat option for me.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 9 of 18 (241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm not the OP of this thread but something is definitely wrong with support. This is the most insane thing I've seen from dealing with customer support for the 28 years I've walked this earth.

I'm a webdev so I know that after December 1st the most recent PHP gets updated on most sites. Did you guys recently update your PHP and it royally screwed over your system? That's the only thing I can think of with the absurd loops and rabbit holes you have to go through to even get to a chat option.

Message 10 of 18 (226 Views)