Will EA ever release more games on GOG.com?

by Wolfsite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will EA ever release more games on GOG.com?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Today there is a new EA sale on GOG.com, the problem for a lot of people though is that they pretty much own all the games that are available (I am not exaggerating I own every EA game made available on GOG.com).

Will EA ever add more games or have they just abandoned this source of revenue?  People are in the sale thread right now asking when Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, The Alice games, Mass Effect, Medal of Honour: Airborne, and classic EA games from the 80's would be made available even willing to double dip just to get a DRM free copy of these games.

Many of these games were made prior to Origin so it would be minimal effort to re-release them on GOG.

Please bring more games.

Message 1 of 7 (1,579 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will EA ever release more games on GOG.com?

Community Manager

Hi @Wolfsite

Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

I haven't heard if there are any plans to add more EA titles to GOG, but if we do add more in the future we will most likely make an announcement to let everyone know. 

We'll continue passing along feedback on this as we see it. 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,552 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Wolfsite

Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

I haven't heard if there are any plans to add more EA titles to GOG, but if we do add more in the future we will most likely make an announcement to let everyone know. 

We'll continue passing along feedback on this as we see it. 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,553 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I know not a lot of people will post here about this but there is a demand for more EA games on GOG, there are people who refuse to buy EA games unless they are available DRM-free so there is a market, especially old titles like Hard Hat Mack, Skate or Die, even the original SimCity which would be great to complete the original series.

Message 3 of 7 (1,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Adding another voice. Most GOG customers can't give EA more money through GOG because most of them either already own them all or at least the games they were interested in. Any games, especially from the 2011 and back era, would sell like hotcakes.

Message 4 of 7 (1,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey, @EA_Kent, I just wanted to provide a suggestion to the appropriate people at EA:

this may well not go over well with some users on GOG, perhaps even a large percentage, but if EA's main strategy involves promoting EA Play, talk to GOG about putting a banner and link to "EA Play" (that links to https://www.ea.com/ea-play or https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/ea-play or wherever) on the game pages of new EA releases on GOG, if this will encourage EA to let GOG release more single-player titles DRM-free on GOG's own service. Just note that, any new EA releases on GOG - the single-player content at least - must be DRM-free (the single-player content at least), ie no client like Origin or internet access can be required to play it. And by "new EA releases" naturally I mean old games but new to GOG - Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, C&C, Sims, Alice, Beasts & Bumpkins, Hi-Octane, Future Cop: LAPD, Sim Meier's SimGolf, Mass Effect 1 and 2, etc.

So just please pass this idea along, thanks.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games

Message 5 of 7 (1,471 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've already bought all EA games available on the GOG store. And I'd buy more if EA sold more games there.

EA has a "gold mine" of games which could earn the company plenty of dough if they were sold on GOG. More games from the Medal of Honor, Dead Space, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and many other more.

And not counting all the good old games which aren't available for sale anymore and which could provide plenty of money on a store like GOG. Games like Centurion: Defender of Rome, Zany Golf, Desert Strike, etc etc etc...

Don't miss the opportunity to earn more money, EA.

Sell more games on GOG, please.

Message 6 of 7 (1,393 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback everyone! 

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,283 Views)