Error : 327684:1 Sims medieval

by Shaikara

Original Post

Error : 327684:1 Sims medieval

★★ Novice

Hello, 

I bought Sims Medieval about an hour ago, and I have yet to be able to install the thing. It can't finalize the download! I uninstalled/reinstalled Origin (which restarted the whole download again), restarted my computer, closed and reopen Origins a billion times, openned Origin as an Administator. I have to idea what to do anymore, and I'm really not happy that a game I BOUGHT cannot be played. Searched here and there on forums and I can see that this issue is from May 2017. How the heck is it not fixed yet?! And its not even only for Sims Medieval either, but for multiple games! I had the hardest time reinstalling Sims 4 last week, with the same error popping in my face for every expansion!
Seriously, anyone has a fix for this? I have very little money to spend for myself and I'm rather pissed I spent it on a game that isn't playable.

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,092 Views)

Re: Error : 327684:1 Sims medieval

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Shaikara

After some searching I found out that your error code might be related to this, maybe it's worth a try?

You can also check out this video (scroll down a bit)

Message 2 of 6 (1,062 Views)

★★ Novice

@CMeki
Sorry for not answering sooner, I forgot about this post, since I refunded the game. About the link, I tried that and was getting errors there as well. Didn't check the video, but at this point it doesn't matter :/ 
Thanks for taking the time to answer me though.

Message 3 of 6 (1,023 Views)

@Shaikara  Trouble is that the Origin doesn't add the redistributables automatically, like Steam, GOG and uPlay are doing. Most people don't check the box that asks for those to be installed (Direct X, Visual C++ or .Net Framework). They should be included in the installers and installed automatically, as lots of people ignore them, don't knowing they actually need them to play the games. 

As you have trouble with the other games, it might be a good idea to familiarize with the redistributables. Visual C++ and Direct X are the most used and required by games and you may need to have multiple versions of Visual C++ redist, as Microsoft didn't consider the idea to make a cumulative installer and even worse they've blocked the installation of the older redistributables starting with Visual C++ 2013. Until then, you could have added the redistributables in any order, as needed. Now you have to install them in order, so you can get older games to work, as they need older versions of Visual C++ redist (2005, 2008 or 2010). 

As for Direct X, some older games may require Direct X 9.0, which is a pure "joy" to add in Windows 10 (it can be done, but you have to run it as an administrator and in compatibility mode. Windows 10 isn't a good system when it comes to older games. Sadly, it was forced upon us, as MS dropped support for almost all the older Windows versions (XP, Vista and 8 are already out, Windows 7 and 8.1 are receiving only security updates, with Win 7 going out in 2020 and Win 8.1 in 2023). So, yeah, Windows 10 and backwards compatibility, not a good mix, especially when compared with Windows 7.

.Net Framework is less used, but there are games using it and bringing the early versions in Windows 10 requires a wee bit of extra work.

Sims Medieval is a fun game and a wee bit different than the other games in the Sims series. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 6 (1,006 Views)

★★ Novice

@ivrognard

I have so many Visual C++ installed, many from the same years. I got Visual C++ 2005 about 4 times, different versions, Visual C++ 2005 (x64) 2 times (different versions again), Visual C++ 2008 about 6 times, all different. Also got multiple (like 2-3) of 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015. 

I think I got that covered. If I don't have *the* one for Sims Medieval, I seriously don't know how to get it at this point. I have no clue how those things work, if there would be damage to my computer if I delete them or if muliple of the same ones affect anything. The guy that built my computer closed his business and I have yet to find another computer tech. 

I'm pretty sure I have both Direct X9 and Direct X11 installed on this machine. And I have no clue what .net Framework is, I probably have it stached somewhere on this PC. 

Message 5 of 6 (993 Views)

@Shaikara the guy that built your computer actually knew his job. And those are becoming rarer, lately.Frown

He clearly set it up for gaming and he did a rather good job. From the multiple installations, i can guess that you may still be on Windows 7and probably on the original installation. If that is true, if you ever see that guy again, congratulate him for a job well done. The fact that the OS managed to stay unaffected for so long shows the dedication of that guy and, probably, its passion for working with PC's. Few people can actually configure properly an Operating System and make it last for long, before the need for a reinstall appears. Of course, just guessing, but again, if that is true, i am truly impressed.

Some workarounds for the problem were posted here. but there are no guarantees that they will work for everyone. But, yeah, some of those solutions may be harder for someone that has little or no knowledge about how the Windows works.

I really hope you can find someone as good to replace that computer guy (or maybe manage to track him and see if he is willing to help again).

I am sorry that you can't experience one of the "different" Sims games. Sims Life Stories series and Sims Medieval were different from the mainstream Sims games. There were actual quests, stories, even some management involved. You would have loved it. Frown

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 6 (987 Views)