EA Needs to Unlink-Dead accounts (With Dead Emails) from Xbox/PSN Accounts.

by omwASAP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Needs to Unlink-Dead accounts (With Dead Emails) from Xbox/PSN Accounts.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

RESOLVED: HOW TO: 

I contacted XBOX support, looking to see if I could get my old @hotmail.com email re-instated. 

They advised that the account was deleted permanently and there's nothing that they could do. BUT - I asked them "But wait - can you confirm that my current email address is associated with the @hotmail.com email, and that I was the owner of the @hotmail.com email before it was terminated?"

XBOX support said "Yes, we have history here stating that your current email address and old @hotmail.com email were at one point related, and you are the owner of the @hotmail.com before it was deleted."

I asked the representative to write me an email, providing proof that that was the case. I then forwarded the email to EA support via email, not live chat, cause EA's Live Chat services are terrible.

After a few days of EA Email Support asking me to "Login to my old hotmail to confirm a code" (I know, it sounds stupid, but trust me. They literally asked me to log into my old hotmail after I've advised MULTIPLE times that It was deleted). After a few days of that BS, a representative FINALLY looked at the email attachment I sent from Microsoft/XBOX, and they deemed I was telling the truth the whole time and they've since manually removed my old EA account themselves.

Note, I'm under the impression this will only work with Microsoft Domains... I hate to say it, but EA won't do anything for anyone with an AOL domain... I'm so sorry for you. Truly. 

NOTE TO EA:

EA, I am frustrated beyond belief with your customer support. Especially the terrible customer service line in Live Chat and in Emails. I'm not trying to be an over-entitled customer, but the least you can do is apologize for the inconveniences. Have some sympathy and empathy. Your customer service agents approach problems with a "Not my account. So why should I care" attitude. 

Tell me why, I had to go through MULTIPLE EA Customer Support Agents for ONE thread? Along with that, NONE of the agents read the previous emails. Each of them wanted me to log into my old hotmail account, after advising MULTIPLE times to MULTIPLE agents on ONE thread, that It was deleted and I no longer had access. All your agents had to do, was read the attachment I sent, from XBOX themselves, stating that I was the owner of the hotmail account. 

Even XBOX empathized by apologizing. Yes, it's not the Agent's fault. But have some empathy. 

ORIGINAL POST:

Long story short, EA refuses to assist their CUSTOMERS in these VERY BASIC issues. 

I have an old "@hotmail.com" account that was associated with an EA account. As well all know, Microsoft deleted handfuls of old accounts. 

It's with this, that I am unable to log into my EA account, unlink it from my Xbox account, and relink with a new account

EA fixed it for Mr_Dooky in this thread here.

Why can't this be a standard thing for all of us? 

We complain about this, rightfully so, in these forums. As we used these accounts to pay for games we bought. Then you have Community Managers like EA_Darko in posts like this spamming similar template-responses over and over again. And yes, don't worry @EA_Darko, I've spoken to Live Chat. 

You ever notice that Live Chat and community managers rarely apologize for the inconveniences too? EA reps don't want to sympathize or empathize with us cause it's "not their problem".

So many people here all have the same issue. 

- We cannot log into old EA accounts

- Because our old EA accounts are associated with DEAD email accounts (@hotmail, @aol etc.)

- EA then advises us that we're just out of luck. 

I logged into my old Xbox account, bought XBOX game pass, and it came with an EA bundle. But I can't play any EA games on there, because of the walls EA created, preventing us from logging into my our old EA accounts. Can we create new Xbox accounts that are not linked? Sure can, at the cost of your friends list, gaming history, messages, achievements, and purchases you've made. 

Check out the transcript I had with a live chat agent, at the bottom of this post.

EA, please, for the love of all things right, just let us have our accounts back. 

We ask that you unlink DEAD ACCOUNTS for us; but then that's a violation of security. Really? A DEAD Account? If I'm really out here trying to steal an account, don't you think the original user would just contact your live chat and advise what happened?

Yes, I am frustrated. Yes, I am flustered. But I am open to change, and I will be extremely content with EA should WE, the paying customer, be able to get our DEAD accounts un-linked and linked to our new accounts.  

I am fully expecting Community Managers to respond with no remorse or empathy; Or they may not respond at all in an attempt to "not give these trolls attention". They may even respond extremely politely in another attempt to make me feel like a over-complaining and over-entitled customer.

Whatever the outcome, EA needs to fix this issue. 

===========================================

Gurpreet (12/10/2021, 11:46:58 PM): I see!
omwASAP (12/10/2021, 11:47:17 PM): So then there's no way for me to unlink the account EA account from my xbox account then? Frown
Gurpreet (12/10/2021, 11:47:23 PM): Yes!
omwASAP (12/10/2021, 11:47:26 PM): You see what? Did you find somethign I can do?
Gurpreet (12/10/2021, 11:47:37 PM): I've already told you what to do or not.
omwASAP (12/10/2021, 11:47:58 PM): Oh - your English made it sound like there was an option for me.
But really, there isn't now.
Gurpreet (12/10/2021, 11:48:19 PM): I apologize for mis understanding.
Gurpreet (12/10/2021, 11:48:41 PM): If you can't access the email which you've used for that deleted EA Account then sadly there's no any possible way to restore the account back.
omwASAP (12/10/2021, 11:49:04 PM): Wow. So my xbox account is stuck with the EA account forever then...
Gurpreet (12/10/2021, 11:49:12 PM): Yes!
Gurpreet (12/10/2021, 11:49:19 PM): I appreciate your patience. Is there anything else that I can help you with?
omwASAP (12/10/2021, 11:49:32 PM): That is unfortunate. This has been terrible.

Message 1 of 18 (1,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Needs to Unlink-Dead accounts (With Dead Emails) from Xbox/PSN Accounts.

★★ Novice

Hey!! Here's how I did it.

I contacted XBOX support, looking to see if I could get my old @hotmail.com email re-instated. 

They advised that the account was deleted permanently and there's nothing that they could do. BUT - I asked them "But wait - can you confirm that my current email address is associated with the @hotmail.com email, and that I was the owner of the @hotmail.com email before it was terminated?"

XBOX support said "Yes, we have history here stating that your current email address and old @hotmail.com email were at one point related, and you are the owner of the @hotmail.com before it was deleted."

I asked the representative to write me an email, providing proof that that was the case. I then forwarded the email to EA support via email, not live chat, cause EA's Live Chat services are terrible.

After a few days of EA Email Support asking me to "Login to my old hotmail to confirm a code" (I know, it sounds stupid, but trust me. They literally asked me to log into my old hotmail after I've advised MULTIPLE times that It was deleted). After a few days of that BS, a representative FINALLY looked at the email attachment I sent from Microsoft/XBOX, and they deemed I was telling the truth the whole time and they've since manually removed my old EA account themselves.

View in thread

Message 5 of 18 (1,600 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey, please check your DMs.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 18 (1,776 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@omwASAP I have the same exact issue and I'm at my wits end. I've tried EVERYTHING to fix this but I keep running into the endless password reset loop. EA_David I need help as well with this please.
Message 3 of 18 (1,731 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David Could you help me with this I'm also in the same exact boat. Thanks in advance David.

Message 4 of 18 (1,724 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey!! Here's how I did it.

Message 5 of 18 (1,601 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, is there any chance I could get some help with this I have a dead email address from an old ISP I can't access to reset my account?

Message 6 of 18 (1,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_David Could you please help me with same issue. My PSN ID is linked to an old EA account which is associated with an email address which is no longer supported by the email provider. I can’t therefore unlink it as I cannot rest the password on the EA account.

Getting absolutely nowhere with customer support for weeks. They just keep replying with the same password reset link or asking for account verification details but then never doing anything with them when provided. It’s never the same customer support person nor do they appear to read the case history.  

Thanks in advance 

Message 7 of 18 (1,422 Views)

★★★ Novice
@omwASAP How did you speak to Xbox support? I can’t find any contact us page or contact details other than the virtual assistant or forum pages. Seems their communication and customer is nearly as bad as EA’s
Message 8 of 18 (1,316 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David Any help you could offer would be appreciated. I’m in the exact same issue. Old hotmail account I can’t access anymore, the EA account is over 8 years old I don’t know what information is on the account which would help with the ludicrous verification questions. I can log into my Xbox account but apparently that isn’t enough to warrant MY Xbox account being unlinked from an EA account.
Message 9 of 18 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same exact issue on an old EAGames account that's tied to an old verizon.net account that I no longer have and that is no longer active.  This affects my Xbox account as it is inextricably linked to Xbox GamePass and there's no way to detach it from my Xbox account. EA Games says "we're sending you an email to reset your password" (i think the password had completely become unusable at some point due to ea games changing their password requirements) and of course I can't access that email or *provide proof of purchases* for an old EAgames account I had some 10 years ago.  My old EAgames account email is chauschi(ampersand)verizon.net

Message 10 of 18 (1,027 Views)