Stuck in loading screen after Wires chapter

by S3ym0urButts

Original Post

Stuck in loading screen after Wires chapter

★ Novice

So me and my gf played the game with no problems whatsoever with the friends pass. I bought the game, she downloaded the firends pass version and everything was fine at first.

After we finished the first chapter though, after the cutscene with the binoculars, the game is stuck in loading screen forever. When we do it via remoteplay, so loaded only from my PC, it works. She has a horrible internet connection, which is why we cant resort to that though.

Every other chapter before that is no problem, but "fresh air" just won't go off. Not even the cutscene.

Any suggestions?

Oh and btw, a gentleman in this forum already suggsted to set the priority of this game to high in the task manager, we tried, it failed.

Message 1 of 8 (1,728 Views)

Re: Stuck in loading screen after Wires chapter

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue, now my game is also stuck on the loading screen and I can't load into it

Message 2 of 8 (1,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@S3ym0urButts Have you found a fix
Message 3 of 8 (1,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@S3ym0urButts Have you fixed it yet im still stuck
Message 4 of 8 (1,646 Views)

★ Novice
@trixjake Hello! I actually did, turns out my girlfriend had incomplete aata. She had low and inconsistent downloadrates also pauses in between loading. We fixed it by Verifying the game data, steam localized 1 missing file. She had to reload 10GB of game data, then it worked and hasnt been a problem since.
Message 5 of 8 (1,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok thanks how did you verify the game data

Message 6 of 8 (1,632 Views)

★ Novice
@Jakeooo12 not sure how it works on origin, but in steam you can rightclick on the game go to properties and there should be a button with "verify game data" or something similar
Message 7 of 8 (1,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@S3ym0urButts do you think the repair button will do the same thing or a similar thing
Message 8 of 8 (1,610 Views)