battlefield 1 download

by Creator611

Original Post

battlefield 1 download

★ Novice

Why is it taking almost 2 days to only get to 50% of battlfield 1 early deluxe edition download?  I paid in advance and have been waiting and watching it go and up down in data since Friday.##

Can someone please help me understand why a 40gb game takes almost 2.5 days and its only 50%?

Steam and all other app's, games are lightning fast as usual but this particular game is slowest ever to download!

Message 1 of 9 (686 Views)

Re: battlefield 1 download

★★★ Expert

How long it takes to download depends on how fast it downloads. A lot of that is your connection speed but, other factors include what anyone else or, you may be doing on you home, work or school network while the game is downloading, how busy EA servers are, how busy your node or gateway of your ISP is and, what is going on at every hop your connection takes form you to EA's download servers and back again - there can be up to 30 of those.

Not much you can do about a lot of it but, you can avoid doing other things online and, ask others that share your internet connection to do the same. Sometimes PAUSING, resetting your connection and, resuming the download can get a bit better speeds too.

Message 2 of 9 (674 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

Downloading at 10mps and jumping to 17 and then down to 1mps is weird as my usual speed is 200mps and it works great on everything else in the house and I am the only one using the internet.

Also EA's servers constantly saying "Calculating" which means I have to pause and resume the download is so painful.  I have never seen such terrible download from any online game provider.  Nothing wrong with my internet in anyway. something seriously wrong with EA and those of us who paid for early use have been ripped off it feels.

Either the whole world is downloading via which I doubt or they are not making this a priority which it feels like.  The game has been sat at 55% for past 1 hour and then goes down to 49% and then moves up again, never seen anything like it..

Looking for a resolution not related to my internet connection as thats solid! Also someone should refund those of us who have had to live with this pain of paying early and not receiving anything, complete dissapointment!

Message 3 of 9 (663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

yup im having the same issues i mean how can it say 1 min its downloaded 5gb then 1 min later say its dowloaded 3gb makes no sense and the constant calculating this stuff never happened n the old client had really fast downloads with that. i just watched it tick upto 5gb then instantly jump back down too 4 and a half  wtf

Message 4 of 9 (638 Views)

★★★ Expert

Hi @Creator611 @Rizzllaa

Jumps like that are unusual. You can PAUSE - not cancel) your download and flush your DNS cache and reset your connection. Beyond that, there isn't much you can do, but if it continues, it may be an issue with your ISP and, you will need to contact them.

Flush your DNS Cache.

Message 5 of 9 (613 Views)

★ Novice

im sorry but the replys about it being anything to do with our connections or isp's are just insulting there is nothing wrong with my connection or my dns  i can download a game perfectly fine with any other  program. its now been 8 hrs downloading and it hasnt gootten any further its still fluctuating between 4GB downloaded and 6GB downlaoded this never happened on the old client 

Message 6 of 9 (586 Views)

★ Novice

Hi!

I'm from Austria, pre-ordered BF1 to have Access a few days earlier and now I am also facing the exact same Problem.

As soon as my BF1 Download reaches 9 GB it jumps back to 8,5 and this goes on again like forever.

What should I do? I reinstalled Origin, my Connection is also fine as well, I did several speedtests and reached about 9Mbit Downspeed and I also flushed my DNS cache which did not improve the Situation.

The first time I bought this game via Origin and I am just facing Problems, the Hotline is down as well (waiting times at least 1 Hour) and there are no other reports about similar issues.

Please give us quick support!

Thanks,

Regards Bisschen_Ether

Message 7 of 9 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@Bisschen_Ether and @Rizzllaa

Could you please try enabling 'Safe Mode Downloading' in the Origin Application Settings - Diagnostics Menu. This may slow down your download speed, but should hopefully stop the looping if you are still having the same issue.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 8 of 9 (493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok i'd like to point out I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THIS AT ALL! If your going to venture into doing this then please be more like steam. I mean seriously. The Downloads on origin are terrible. This is by far the worst experience downloading a game. it took me 8 HOURS to get it to stop looping and I don't know for sure if it will stop looping 

Message 9 of 9 (294 Views)