Re: Slow download speeds whilst ingame.

by Wings12312

Original Post

Slow download speeds whilst ingame.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Let me get two probable answers out of the way.

One: I have a fast connection.

Two: I have not set a limit on download speeds whilst I am in-game.

Origin seems to set itself to slow down all game downloads, only going about a third of the speed when outside of a game. When I am going 6 mb p/s on a good day, but as soon as I go into a game (or even pre-launch a game in it's Launcher.) on Origin, it slows me down to around 2 mb p/s every time.

If I close said game it takes a few seconds and then starts speeding itself up again.

Message 1 of 7 (670 Views)

Community Manager

@Wings12312 This is quite common when playing games especially if they have an online aspect. I know that when I play games using Origin or Steam all downloads are disabled once I launch a game. 

Do you see download speeds drop in both online and offline games?

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (626 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't know. I rarely play offline games.

Message 3 of 7 (608 Views)

Community Manager

@Wings12312 Can you try launching an offline game to see if the download speeds take a hit? 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (602 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I fired up Syndicate (only game I thought might not be an online game. I got it on one of those deals.) and it's normal speeds.

Message 5 of 7 (583 Views)

Community Manager

@Wings12312 Cool, thanks for the reply. That it only affects games which are online makes sense, if you are playing an online game then your Origin downloads will be affected as Origin is using your connection to play the game. When I am ingame in titles such as BF1 or Titanfall 2 or any other online game then I do notice a drop in my downloads as the app is prioritising my connection to the server over downloads. 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Okay. Now it's going slow for NO reason. Worse than that, even slower at times! No games open on my computer.

Message 7 of 7 (536 Views)