Origin Issues on Multiple Games

by viethos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Issues on Multiple Games

★★ Novice

I am having constant problems with Origin. When you use the "Contact Us" button at EA, it can't find the game you are looking for and it puts you into a loop by having you look at FAQ's rather than actually having a way to contact them to deal with the issue. 

I have a PC that is only a month old, with every driver updated and hardware that is beyond the vast majority of system requirements. And yet with my membership, only half of the games actually work after being downloaded. I have gone through my software to make sure everything is okay on my end, have hit the "repair" button on those games, uninstalled/reinstalled them and am at the end of my wits. I also make sure that my internet is going, my account is active and that Origin is rolling. This is typical EA and I shouldn't be surprised. I have heard this story about Origin from several friends and got the membership anyways. I will likely cancel soon.

The games in question that I care about are:

Pyre: When opened, goes to a black screen as if the game is loading and then kicks you back out to the Origin app where it shows the "Play" button all over again. Rinse and Repeat.

Deadspace: Freezes on the very first load screen, at the same place, every time. Task manager won't kill the game. Requires a hard boot.

Battlefield Hardline: Takes you to an EA access screen and gives errors when trying to load game despite proper account being in place.

Tharsis: Begins to load and then boots you.

Mass Effect: Works maybe half the time and then gets confused between cloud and local save files.

Strangely, Mass Effect 2, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1, Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny work just fine. No issues despite often being from the same developers as some of those with issues. I don't understand why some games work and others don't. This is clearly an Origin problem. Thank you as always, EA. That's sarcasm by the way.

Message 1 of 14 (839 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Issues on Multiple Games

Community Manager

Hey @viethos let's take a look at the issues one at a time.

For the freezing issue with Dead Space let's ensure that V-Sync is disabled. If you cannot get into the game options then you should be able to change it in the Nvidia Geforce Experience control panel. Try turning it off and then navigate to your install folder and set the game to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Can I ask what the error message you are seeing with Battlefield Hardline? Can you try repairing it by going into you My Game Library and right-clicking on the game tile and hitting Repair. This will scan the files for any issues and should it find any fix them. Can you also try launching the game from here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/campaign/

For Mass Effect and the saves being out of sync, which saves have the most progress, the cloud saves or your local saves? Generally they should be the same so it may be a case that something is stopping the cloud saves from updating correctly.

As Pyre and Tharsis are not EA games I may not be as helpful in fixing the issue as their dedicated support teams are but I'll do what I can.

For Tharsis can you try running the game in compatibility more and ensuring that you are running it as administrator. Can you also disable any overlays you may have running? This could include the Steam overlay.

For Pyre do you have many other programs running as it could be a case that your memory is being strained. It's worth closing down any nonessential programs when launching the game. It may not appear like it but the game is actually quite intensive to run.

Let me know if any or all of the above steps helped.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 14 (713 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @viethos the issues you are describing would appear to be system based so this means that a fix is generally just a case of some troubleshooting. 

Can we start by grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Once I have that we will get stuck in to sorting your issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (820 Views)

★★ Novice

I will get that to you when I get home today. And also, I apologize for my digs on EA. It was uncalled for and my lame excuse is that I was worn out and angry about a bunch of things. My apologies for any insult to your team. I know you guys work hard.

Message 3 of 14 (802 Views)

★★ Novice

Here you go.Thank you for the help.

Message 4 of 14 (795 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @viethos I just had a quick look at your DxDiag there and the first thing I would suggest is that you ensure that when launching games you are doing so on your 1650 and not the integrated card.

To change from your integrated card to your Nvidia card:

• Open "Nvidia Control Panel".
  • Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
  • Click on "Program Settings" tab and then select the program you want to run.
  • Select "Preferred graphics processor" in drop-down menu and then select use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

I'd also suggest taking a look for updated GPU drivers as yours are from February of this year. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 14 (791 Views)

★★ Novice

Roger, will do that and let you know.

Thanks

Message 6 of 14 (785 Views)

Community Manager

If the issue remains let me know and I'll take a proper look at the DxDiag @viethos but I will say that if I had a dollar for every time this issues was as simple as games launching on an integrated card and not the dedicated one I would be a very rich man.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 14 (783 Views)

★★ Novice

Hahaha. I don't doubt your knowledge or experience. Switched the card over and downloading drivers now. I didn't realize that I was on the intel and not Nvidia (hence why you are the expert lol). That should improve even the ones that are working.

Message 8 of 14 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoWell, here is where I'm at. In the Nvidia control panel, I've switched the program and global settings over to "High Performance Nvidia Processor". I also did so in the PhysX section. I downloaded the updated drivers (which also gave me the "GeForce Experience" app) and made sure that drivers were up to date (listed as yesterday as a matter of fact.). I tried Pyre and Deadspace and still have the same exact issues.

Opening Dxdiag, I do see that under the display: device and driver, the Intel card is still listed. I made sure that it was switched over as listed above (hit the apply button and even did a restart, checked and it was still put to Nvidia) but don't understand why that is still listed. I am including an updated dxdiag file for you. I am also including a screenshot showing that Nvidia is set as the default card. It still seems like the intel GPU is taking over despite that. I'll research that.

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Message 9 of 14 (769 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @viethos let's take a look at the issues one at a time.

For the freezing issue with Dead Space let's ensure that V-Sync is disabled. If you cannot get into the game options then you should be able to change it in the Nvidia Geforce Experience control panel. Try turning it off and then navigate to your install folder and set the game to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Can I ask what the error message you are seeing with Battlefield Hardline? Can you try repairing it by going into you My Game Library and right-clicking on the game tile and hitting Repair. This will scan the files for any issues and should it find any fix them. Can you also try launching the game from here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/campaign/

For Mass Effect and the saves being out of sync, which saves have the most progress, the cloud saves or your local saves? Generally they should be the same so it may be a case that something is stopping the cloud saves from updating correctly.

As Pyre and Tharsis are not EA games I may not be as helpful in fixing the issue as their dedicated support teams are but I'll do what I can.

For Tharsis can you try running the game in compatibility more and ensuring that you are running it as administrator. Can you also disable any overlays you may have running? This could include the Steam overlay.

For Pyre do you have many other programs running as it could be a case that your memory is being strained. It's worth closing down any nonessential programs when launching the game. It may not appear like it but the game is actually quite intensive to run.

Let me know if any or all of the above steps helped.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 14 (714 Views)