Origin Is Currently Not Running?

by drdafine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Is Currently Not Running?

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I try and get on one of my games, it says Origin is currently not running, make sure Origin is running. How do i make it run?

Message 1 of 6 (2,551 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Is Currently Not Running?

Community Manager

@Ashlie789  Hi, 

First off, please download the Origin installation file from here: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,365 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Howdy Drdafine

Can you please follow these instructions and let me know how it goes?

Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 (for 64 bit machines install both x86 and x64)  @ http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30679

1. Exit Origin (if you can't exit it normally, try opening Task Manager and use End Process on Origin).
  2. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
  3. Click Advanced settings, and then click the Monitor tab.
  4. Under Colors, select True Color (32 bit), and then click OK.
  5. Launch Origin again.
Message 2 of 6 (2,529 Views)

★★ Novice

I did not find colors under the monitor tab nor did I find the 32bit as an option in the bar given, it only had 60 Hertz as an option under monitor settings. is there something I missed? I checked the all modes list under the adapter tab and all of them are 32 bit if that is relevant.

Message 3 of 6 (2,451 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Here is an easy fix to fix this problem.

1. Go to control panel.
2. Go to Internet options.
3. Click the connections tab and at the bottom of the window click on LAN SETTINGS.
4. uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
5. Click Apply.
6. Close Origin restart the program and computer.

Also you can try to go to your appdata: %appdata%\..\local and ..\roaming and delete the Origin folders, restart your PC and now try and login again.

If the issue persists, delete the Origin Offline Cache file.

Close Origin completely by right clicking the Origin system tray icon and selecting Exit.
Navigate to the Offline Cache file.
Win 7/Vista/Win8: C:\ProgramData\Origin\DownloadCache\
Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\Origin\DownloadCache\
Note: These files might be hidden, if so, press Alt, select Tools, then Folder Options.
Select the View tab, then check Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

Delete the Offline Cache file.
Reset the Windows Host File: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
Reboot your computer.
Run Origin and login.

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 6 (2,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine isn't working and when I go into these instructions you give me, my proxy was already unticked. not sure on what to do now.

Message 5 of 6 (1,140 Views)

Community Manager

@Ashlie789  Hi, 

First off, please download the Origin installation file from here: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 6 (1,366 Views)