Name Change / ID contains a prohibited word or character

by RouEight

Original Post

Re: prohibited name

★★ Novice

Thank you for the answer to this issue but for all our friends that didn't see this, is a better way planned soon such as this info instead of the prohibited name error currently?

Message 81 of 207 (1,719 Views)

Re: prohibited name

EA DICE Team

@Buckets73

Yes, it would make sense for us to update the error messaging to clarify what the actual issue is. I've requested this to be updated.

Thanks for the suggestion Standard smile

Message 82 of 207 (1,596 Views)

Re: Why can't I change my name anymore?

★★ Novice

Kristi, It's been at least three days and I'm still not able to change my name.

Message 83 of 207 (1,572 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ahm_the_GLITCH

Can you confirm the time and date that you last changed your ID successfully?

Message 84 of 207 (1,533 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, I posted my thread on 4/14/17 so I suppose a day or two before. I don't know for sure, sorry.

Message 85 of 207 (1,517 Views)

Re: Name Change / ID contains a prohibited word or character

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well, I hadn't changed my username since I first made my account as far as I'm aware and when I tried to change it to my usual Lkjfdsaofmc (which is highly unlikely to have been taken) it said it had been taken; I assumed that somewhere in that great big world someone else had created the same name, so I tried variations such as Lkjfdsa_ofmc or Lkjfdsa0fmc and none of them worked, they said they all contained prohibited words or letters, yet when I try to make a brand new account it says that all those things are perfectly fine to use (though it still says Lkjfdsaofmc itself is taken). I have now changed my name to 0-Lkjfdsaofmc-0 since for whatever reason that was not blocked, but I would really like to be able to use either Lkjfdsaofmc or Lkjfdsa0fmc, plz lemme know if this issue is fixed, and let it be soon!

Message 86 of 207 (1,505 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ahm_the_GLITCH @Lkjfdsa0FMC

As mentioned previously, you can change your name once per three days, per account. However, the current messaging of ID contains prohibited words or letters isn't correct and will be updated by us.

In the meantime, make sure that you note down the time and date that you tried changing your name last. If you then can't do it again in three days, then we should be able to investigate by looking at the logs for the exact times that you've given us.

Message 87 of 207 (1,480 Views)

★★ Novice

I did say " I hadn't changed my username since I first made my account as far as I'm aware and when I tried to change it to my usual Lkjfdsaofmc" meaning... I literally had never changed my username previously, so I wouldn't have had a 3 day cooldown on it, please read before copy pasting your generic messages... really not helpful.

Message 88 of 207 (1,469 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Lkjfdsa0FMC

I did read that. It's just that I need a time and date for our team to investigate further.

Message 89 of 207 (1,464 Views)

★★ Novice

I changed it about 9 PM Alaska Time yesterday, but my issue was that it wasn't working for most names that should work BEFORE the change, I managed to get it to work with my current username after having tried many things that upon testing by attempting to use it for a new account WORKED, but trying to change my name to them (BEFORE I ACTUALLY CHANGED MY NAME EVER) would give me the prohibited word or letter message, meaning it was not caused by a recent name change, as it had not been changed in years.

Message 90 of 207 (2,625 Views)