Re: Battlefield 1 language problem

by 0fbUi57pHu

Original Post

★★ Novice

wow, just wow./......I won't say I've waisted money, but still, I remember BFBC2, where i could switch languages in-game....wow, money world ..... 

Message 31 of 47 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok , here is the problem that i´m facing right now. I boguht from Origin the Standard version of Titanfall 2. I expected an English version (i didn´t care for subtitles) but what i did get was an european spanish version. I have nothing against Spain or its people but i just don`t like to play the game with that language . Is there ANY way that i can get an english version of the game or a refund if there is no other posible solution to my problem? thanks in advance.

Message 32 of 47 (1,267 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Korvos78

Hi,

Please contact an Advisor for refund options:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Message 33 of 47 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Why is this asinine limit even in place?

Let me guess, is this some awful attempt at preventing people from purchasing from other regions to take advantage of currency conversations?

Third party websites which I wont bother naming are always going to offer the game cheaper than even the regions in question -- being Russia and Poland  -- plus no one is even going to use the Polish store when there are much less valued currencies which people abuse like Mexico and much of South America. Unless you guys have inflated the price to shaft those users too like with BF3.

Completely inexcusable to ruin the experience of legit users over the relatively minuscule abuse that would even happen.

Secondly, why am I seeing Polish in my game client under my friend's user name? He is Polish, but my friend list is filled with different languages which I cannot even read, thus I cannot read what mode or map he us playing. I'm using an English client, so I should only see English. Having a mixture of languages based on their client makes no sense.

Message 34 of 47 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for all answeres. But still I don't understand why Polish people shouldn't be able to download english version from Origin directly.
English is an international language that everyone expect that includes in games.
My wife bought Battlefield 1 as a gift for me. After that we realized that english version is not included inside. And to be honest, it made me so cold for playing Battlefield 1.
I purchased Battlefield 3 and 4 too through Origin and i never had problem with english language.
Just tell me the reason behind it please.
Cheers
Message 35 of 47 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Novice
If the problem is money, simply make a language pack with a reasonable price. So we can download and add english language.
Message 36 of 47 (1,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Europe has millions of immigrants who don't speak the native language in the countries they currently reside in, they mainly speak a common language, duh, like English.

EA doesn't care though they're more worried about a a European or an American buying the game at half price from Russia and setting the language to English.

Figure out a better way to control YOUR issues and stop punishing the people who pay your ridiculous launch prices. 

Message 37 of 47 (1,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

[admin edit: please follow the rules & guidelines while posting]

Message 38 of 47 (1,049 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Jesus what on earth is this BS? Right when I thought that EA was improving, the store is already very anti-consumer for allowing a monopoly to control all purchases done in my land as a middleman instead of doing like GOG and Steam in allowing me to opt in or out when it is convenient, and now I can't even play games without having to endure the mediocre acting from nationals of my land? This may even be great for the people who can't or don't want to learn English but it's not my case, and my problem isn't even that I don't understand what is being spoken, it's the quality that just isn't the same at all, they don't understand what they are doing, they are atrocious. 

Message 39 of 47 (1,026 Views)

★★ Novice
  • change first my team speaks my language
  • Go to C:\Users\ <YOUR_USER_NAME> \Documents\Battlefield 1\settings
  • Open file PROFSAVE_profile with any text editor
  • Set the GstAudio.AudioLanguage value to 5861806, so it looks like this:

GstAudio.AudioLanguage 586

@Axabil wrote:

Hello! :D I have the problem... I want to buy the new "Battlefield 1" pre-order exclusive game, but i really want to have it in English version.  The problem is that, I can only buy it in Polish or Russian version... Is there any ways to change it, or I'm sentenced to Polish game? Thanks in advance for your help Standard smile 

Message 40 of 47 (983 Views)