How to use Dragon Age Keep via a PS3 browser?

by Alucardus57

Original Post

How to use Dragon Age Keep via a PS3 browser?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I tried to log to the Dragon Age Keep using the google browser on my PS3 but all there was once I logged there was empty space. Any advice for PS3 users how to bypass that problem? I'm kinda a noob at adjusting stuff in my PS3(and tech in general) so maybe there is a way to change browser but I was unable to figure it out.

Message 1 of 10 (7,132 Views)

Re: How to use Dragon Age Keep via a PS3 browser?

★★★ Newbie

ive tried everything i can think of to find an answer to ps3 browser issue but get nothing .the only help i found on google was on a page ps3 browser could not desplay

Message 2 of 10 (7,017 Views)

★★ Novice

Jeez. And I thought it was because I have crappy Internet. Looks like this is actually a more widespread problem.

Message 3 of 10 (6,975 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Alucardus57 -

The Keep is not supported for use through the PS3 browser.  While you can import world states from the Keep when playing the game on PS3, you should use another device to actually create your world.

Most browsers should work for this, as well as PC, tablets, or phone devices.

As long as your PS3 profile and Origin login are linked, the import should still work correctly.

Message 4 of 10 (6,968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@BIO-Birudojin: That's not what happened for me and I don't think that's the problem that was described. I created my world state on my PC, then logged into Dragon Age Keep on PS3 and the site just ... freezes? It stops loading and only shows an empty webpage background with the Inquisition's eye logo. There are no world state's shown and clicking the "sync world state" button does nothing.

Message 5 of 10 (6,958 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Eshajouri - 

If you've created the Keep on PC, you don't need to load the site on PS3 at all.  SInce the browser on the PS3 is not supported, it may never load at all.

All you should need to do in your case, is to load the game on PS3 and then download the world you created and exported on PC.  As long as your PS3 account is linked to your Origin account, the world should be fetched automatically.

Message 6 of 10 (6,950 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bio-Birudojin: Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time. Does the account also auto-fetch my save-states if I have those from previous games? I was under the impression, those had to be imported via logging in through the browser on PS3. Maybe I misunderstood?

Message 7 of 10 (6,931 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Eshajouri -

Sorry about the delay in replying Standard smile

The Keep does not actually read any save data, for any platform - the only data it "reads" comes from external servers, and relates to things like achievments you unlocked, heroes you created, and so on.  Actual plot choices you made are never read, and will need to be manually re-created in the Keep.

If for some reason your DAO or DA2 data is not read by the Keep, this will also not affect your DAI game; you will be able to select all choices in the Keep even if you (for example) never purchased a specific DLC or did a specific plot, so you can either create a world just like what you did in your game, or you can create a brand new one with choices you never did on your own and would normally have never tried out.

Message 8 of 10 (6,889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
'Sup.
I don't HAVE a PC, tablet, smart phone, thingie-whatevah.
I have a PS3.
... With an internet connection. And a goddamn browser.
WHY is the one browser to which I have access--incidentally on the very platform I use to play the freaking game--the one browser that isn't supported? Whose idea was that?
I played DA1 & DA2 & all associated DLC on PS3, but I can't use my PS3 to _fill out the form_ that has supplemented the function of importing saves? Why the hell not?
I mean, if it's some javascript/flash/whatevs-compatibility issue, should there not _at least_ be a "not-so-shiny" DAKeep option for PS3/4 browsers? Or, y'know, the "import save"-thing IN ADDITION TO the DAKeep?
Help me, here.
If I can use my PS3 browser to apply for university (totally did), then I should be able to use it to DAKeep. Just sayin'.
Message 9 of 10 (6,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Right on man. My thoughts exactly. That's stupid., (っ'-')╮=͟͟͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞🏉
━╤デ╦︻(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)
Message 10 of 10 (3,609 Views)