How do I bind a spell to a specific button

by mightyhokie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I bind a spell to a specific button

★★★ Newbie

When I upgraded my spells with my first 2 spell points I got a new spell. I want to bind it to the 'b' button. However, when i press 'b' it backs out of the menu. It wasn't clear (or I missed it) where I can bind those spells.

Message 1 of 4 (1,644 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I bind a spell to a specific button

★★★★ Apprentice

That is odd indeed. I assume you tried a complete PC restart (in case of one those unexplainable glitches) ? 

I would try and bind it to another key first, like "9" and then try to assign "B" to something else to see if the problem happens there too.  If the 9 key works and the B key still brings you to the menu, regardless of where you try to assign it, my guess is the problem is the keyboard or the keyboards software.  i.e. somewhere within the keyboards software the "B" key has an assigned macro of some sort.  Hope this helps!

V/R Fawlkon

Game On!

Please don't forget to select "Problem Solved" and/or XP button if this helps or fixes the issue!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,835 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

That is odd indeed. I assume you tried a complete PC restart (in case of one those unexplainable glitches) ? 

I would try and bind it to another key first, like "9" and then try to assign "B" to something else to see if the problem happens there too.  If the 9 key works and the B key still brings you to the menu, regardless of where you try to assign it, my guess is the problem is the keyboard or the keyboards software.  i.e. somewhere within the keyboards software the "B" key has an assigned macro of some sort.  Hope this helps!

V/R Fawlkon

Game On!

Please don't forget to select "Problem Solved" and/or XP button if this helps or fixes the issue!

Message 2 of 4 (1,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the answer Fawlkon.

I am playing on the Xbox One not the pc. However, for reference for other people the problem was (prepare yourself)...it was a passive power! So when I select a power you need to activate you can press A and then choose the button. I didn't realize that the one I was trying to select as a passive power, which is always on.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the answer.

Van 

Message 3 of 4 (1,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i tried binding the spell to a different key first as well. now all i have are three buttons with the same skill, since ps4 version apparently can glitch, leaving your character forever restricted to that one skill. realling getting tired of your sh-t dragon age...
Message 4 of 4 (1,574 Views)