Hard Freeze during play, reset computer!

by eddieg501

Original Post

Hard Freeze during play, reset computer!

★★★ Novice

Yes I did install the new beta drivers, did not help, reinstalled direct x, turned off overlays, lowerd graphics, turned off micro essentials, started from origin. The first two hours it froze 4 times, now 2 and a half hours in it freezes every 5 min, I have quad core I5 and 7870 graphic card so easily plays at high, only game I have that crashes, even shadows of mordor which runs a bit slow never crashes. What do I do?

Message 1 of 13 (729 Views)

Re: Hard Freeze during play, reset computer!

★★★★ Novice

I have your same problem, after a certain number of game crashes and loses even the video signal, forcing me to restart the PC. Especially in the central lands it happens. But you can launch games with these problems? are increasingly disappointed by the software house ....

Message 2 of 13 (701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When are the crashes occuring? Cutscenes? If so there's major issues with them, I found a fix by turning meshes to low and it stopped all my freeze problems. Keep in mind I have a Nvidia so results might vary.

Message 3 of 13 (695 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm glad you've solved, but my problem is in the early stages of exploration. Suddenly, the game freezes and the screen goes black, losing the video signal and forcing me to reboot.
I have a ati radeon R9 280.

Message 4 of 13 (677 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exactly same problem for me, i have also instlaled altest hotfix driver and still have the issue, just randomly black screen, NO temp problem occured! 

And sounds in headset just a bzzzzzz... only restart the system is possible!

Please fix this problem, seems like many people have it!

Message 5 of 13 (672 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same problem with Nvidia graphics card here.  Have latest drivers, running on recommended settings.  The game will suddenly crash, monitor goes black, and I have to restart my computer to get functionality back.  

Glad to know it's not just me.

Message 6 of 13 (664 Views)

★★★ Novice

it is worse in the hinterlands , I tried switching to Mantle and that did not work, it just freezes, nothing i can do except reboot my computer, if it happened every 30 min I could live with it, but every 5? Just wait for the patch i guess

Message 7 of 13 (643 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just disabled Origin in game and it seems better, we will se

Message 8 of 13 (632 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi again,

im been able to play for 5 hours now "ONLY" 1 crash and needed to reboot the system. 

But here is intersting data captured before crash:

Time: CPU Core 1 2 3 4 Load% GPU temp.

11/26/14 22:56:00 3760.09 53 51 51 52 64.5 69

So CPU temps only 53,51,51,52 but load pretty high all the time.  GPU temp never above 69 ! 

I guess a hugh memory leak cause i can always play around say 4 hours before crashing or so...

Memeory leek ??

One thing i also changed was play in offline mode, cant say it did anything really but note!

Message 9 of 13 (615 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have the same issue with nvidia card, only occurs in cutscenes really. Tried basically every 'fix' out there but nothing has worked so far.

Message 10 of 13 (619 Views)