Had stuttering (like crazy), updated AMD driver, now SLOW MOTION???

by ARLzoes

Original Post

Had stuttering (like crazy), updated AMD driver, now SLOW MOTION???

★★★★★ Novice

I played briefly this morning (<1 hr), and had that crazy issue of the game skipping the cutscenes and putting me into completely empty starting zone, but a good 10 minute in-game walk away.  So, started a new character and it was fine.

This afternoon I tried playing again and there was incredibly terrible stuttering and freezing, and it was entirely unplayable.  I updated to the AMD driver released today and did the 30FPS unlock thing.  

NOW it's extremely smoothly playing... but in slow motion.  Like maybe half speed at best.  Any thoughts?

(I meet exceed recommended specs I believe.)

Message 1 of 6 (510 Views)

Re: Had stuttering (like crazy), updated AMD driver, now SLOW MOTION???

★★★★★ Novice

Did you do a COMPLETE uninstall of all previous drivers. AMD even says that the new drivers must be on an absolutely clean install to get all the benefits of the new drivers. 

Message 2 of 6 (493 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

trying now, thanks.  I'll keep you posted.

Message 3 of 6 (481 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here, try this if that doesn't solve your problem;

If using Origin, go into your library and right click Inquisition, go to Game Properties, and put the following into the Command Line Arguments.

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

If you aren't using origin, or want to plainly no involve it, right click your shortcut on your desktop, go into it's properties, and in the Target box, apply the same line so it looks something like this;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\DragonAgeInquisition.exe" -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

Hope it helps, it was advice given to me earlier today.

Message 4 of 6 (452 Views)

★ Guide

I thought the OP said he did that unlock already already Djmadraws.

Message 5 of 6 (443 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey thanks - I tried that before, and it turns out that is what was causing the slow motion after I updated the driver.   I disabled it to see what would happen, and I got a faster but again more stutter-y game.  And about a minute ago I encountered the directx bug, so trying to fix that now. 

Been waiting so long for this game...le sigh.  

Message 6 of 6 (441 Views)