Can't download this game specifically

by LucidMadness

Original Post

Re: Can't download this game specifically

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone know this workaround? Or even better how to get in touch with EA_Sheppard?

Message 21 of 33 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@badmemoryboyI am not sure if this will help, but I can step by step say what order I did that finally worked last night for me. Originally, I was having the exact same issues as everyone else here.

1. I clicked "Manage Add-Ons" for the game in my library and downloaded JUST Jaws of Hakkon DLC. The DLC itself ultimately failed to download but the full base game did.
2. I clicked Jaws of Hakkon one more time and this time it downloaded with no issue.
3. I downloaded Descent and the Trespasser (one at a time!)
4. I attempted to download the Black Emporium, but it failed so I moved on to the Deluxe Content, Flames of the Inquisition (Weapons), Flames of the Inquisition (Armor), Spoils of the Qunari, Spoils of the Avvar, Flames of the Inquisition (Mount), and then finally the Black Emporium which downloaded with no issue (again, one at a time!)

I am under no illusion that this is like "the perfect order," but the individual downloads method ended up working for me. My best guess is that if one fails, just move on to another and try downloading that one by itself and come back to the one that failed later like I did with the Black Emporium DLC. Best of luck to you! I also had EA running as administrator if that makes any difference whatsoever.

Message 22 of 33 (806 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Stephannoying Thank you for this information. I will endeavour to try this out. Unfortunately every time I try it wants to download everything. I tried to download separately but it wasn’t having it. Maybe I was doing it wrong.
I really appreciate your help but don’t you think it’s pretty poor of EA to not try to help us themselves rather than leave it to good folk like yourself? I know a lot of companies leave things to modders and the like but surely a gaming service should at least look after their own app and fix download issues. Anyway I will try your method tomorrow. Thanks again
Message 23 of 33 (792 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@badmemoryboy When you go to do 1 DLC add-on at a time, make sure you open the drop-down menu before finalizing to double check that they aren't all clicked. Hopefully that will help!

And I completely agree. This situation was beyond irritating and I decided yesterday that I'd try again after a break because I got so frustrated and tempted to open a really angry support ticket, but I knew it probably wouldn't go anywhere so I just didn't. How sad is that? lol. I really hope this works out for you! Being stopped in the middle of a playthrough is awful.
Message 24 of 33 (784 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the long wait. Sometimes we get so many updates on our end on many games and issues, some threads fall through. wanted to follow up and see if yall were running into the same issue still or have things resolved itself?

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 25 of 33 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard 

Not really. I ran into the problem yesterday when trying to tech-support for a good friend of mine. Game downloaded just fine, but the DLC's did not even start the download, and the main game was completely unable to be launched. This was with the Game of the Year Edition, after he was forced to start using EA App (it worked fine until you guys axed Origin).

Mind you, this was never an issue with Origin, the game and its DLC would download and install properly there.

So the events went as following:

June 18. He was able to play the game normally through Origin (as the client was still working for us with the workaround fix). 

June 19. As soon as the App became mandatory, he was unable to even launch the game, and thus had to reinstall it.

June 20. I tried tech supporting, and doing everything that might solve the issues over a Team Viewer session, to no avail.

June 22. He is still unable to play the game. Basically the only game he plays, having 16500 hours in it.

Message 26 of 33 (680 Views)

Community Manager
@THE_Crazy_Hyena I gotcha, I have a couple thousand in DAI so I understand spending time in it. What we would need is for them to post here so we can get info from them and their system.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 27 of 33 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard
Speaking of a couple thousand. I have over 4000 hours myself, most of which is spent in the multiplayer, which I can't play anymore due to the App lacking options to use the friends list for invites/join like Origin did (yes, I play mostly with my friends). The overlay is non-functional for me in any of the older games. - It does work in Mass Effect Andromeda, but not in DAI or ME3, and thus I can't even invite anyone to my lobbies. This is the main reason why I despise the new client. It never worked properly for me

I'll get in touch with my friend, and have them post their issue here as well.

Message 28 of 33 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard 

Here is a screenshot of what happens (taken from a teamviewer session): It plainly refuses to progress any further with downloading DLC's

b703331e9d5ba62a4c0c87d668cd9656.png

Edit: I tried a few more things, and now I am going for the Hail Mary. I am making an archive with the files I have working on my computer, and attempting to fix it that way. Fingers crossed it will work. Lots of hassle to make ONE game work, don't you think?

Message 29 of 33 (634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue appears to be ongoing with this game and this game only. The workaround of trying to install DLC from my library first also got the game downloading for me, but it's wild that this was first noticed nearly a year ago and still not fixed. 

Message 30 of 33 (420 Views)