Re: No Video only Audio

by EA_Darko

Original Post

No Video only Audio

★★★ Newbie

When I launch DS1 on steam, I get no video, only Audio.

A fix for this would be great, alternatively,

Is there a way to transfer or duplicate the game license so that I can try and download/ launch it on my origin account?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (547 Views)

Community Manager
@maliciouscarnage Sorry to hear you are having this issue, can you try going through the steps here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

an let me know if the issue continues after.

- Illium

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (516 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @maliciouscarnage if it is a black screen you are seeing then can you go ahead and locate your Dead Space install folder, from there open your settings file which should be found in C:\Users\(Account Name)\Appdata\Local\Electronic Arts\Dead Space\settings.text.

In here can you modify the following lines with your display resolution.
For example:
Window.Height = 900
Window.Width = 1440

Once done, launch the game again to see what happens.

If the issue continues then right-click on C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space\deadspace.exe and in the compatibility tab, tick the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and then select an older Operating System from the dropdown. Click Apply and Ok.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (513 Views)