Looking for help with unanswered questions.

by lashayt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Looking for help with unanswered questions.

★★ Novice

My disc game has an expansion pack on it and it corrupted my systems and deleted everything. Had this console for 4 years.

Message 1 of 5 (378 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Looking for help with unanswered questions.

Community Manager

@lashayt 

That error means the save data stored locally to your console has become corrupted- not the disk. 

When save data becomes corrupted, it gets deleted from your console as that data is now unusable. As this data is stored locally to your console, there is no way to restore this save data. 

Corrupted save files can occur as a result of a connectivity issue or power loss when the game save file is being created. This can also happen if the console is powered down while still in the process of saving. 

In the future to prevent this, I always recommend waiting a minute or two to close the game and power off your console after you've saved so the game has sufficient time to complete the save. In addition, if you have a large number of save files, you may have reached the capacity limit for saves on your console storage. Try reducing the number of save files to be sure no other saves become corrupt.

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (331 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there @lashayt,

What error message are you seeing when you try to use your disk or play The Sims? 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 5 (352 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Solaire wrote:

Hi there @lashayt,

What error message are you seeing when you try to use your disk or play The Sims? 

I shared the screen I get.

Message 3 of 5 (342 Views)

Community Manager

@lashayt 

That error means the save data stored locally to your console has become corrupted- not the disk. 

When save data becomes corrupted, it gets deleted from your console as that data is now unusable. As this data is stored locally to your console, there is no way to restore this save data. 

Corrupted save files can occur as a result of a connectivity issue or power loss when the game save file is being created. This can also happen if the console is powered down while still in the process of saving. 

In the future to prevent this, I always recommend waiting a minute or two to close the game and power off your console after you've saved so the game has sufficient time to complete the save. In addition, if you have a large number of save files, you may have reached the capacity limit for saves on your console storage. Try reducing the number of save files to be sure no other saves become corrupt.

solaire.png

Message 4 of 5 (332 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire My system has only two save files. My systems works file without the disc. The disc is the problem i have video proof. I ALWAYS wait to power off my console. I constantly save. I have no other problems with my system besides this disc.
Message 5 of 5 (275 Views)