Progress is not saving...

by B1n4ryk1lla

Original Post

Re: Progress is not saving...

★ Novice

The problem is caused probably by the save game directory.

This directory is located at user\ cncremastered\save.

I hope I spelled or correctly because at the moment I write this I am not at my computer..

But the issue is the directory is marked write only.

Probably by an anti-virus programma zo hou cann't save the game. 

On other computers I use this problem does not occure.

Perhaps a point for EA Games to let the user the possibility to change the save game directory? 

Message 11 of 15 (1,861 Views)

★ Novice

@B1n4ryk1lla wrote:

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Message pops up progress is saved but it is not... and load game is greyed out
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play though campain in C&C
What happens when the bug occurs? it pops up progress saved but nothing is saved
What do you expect to see? a frikking saved game... DUH

C&C is not saving progress even though the pop up says progress is saved you may proceed

The problem is caused probably by the save game directory.

This directory is located at user\ cncremastered\save.

I hope I spelled or correctly because at the moment I write this I am not at my computer..

But the issue is the directory is marked write only.

Probably by an anti-virus programma zo hou cann't save the game. 

On other computers I use this problem does not occure.

Perhaps a point for EA Games to let the user the possibility to change the save game directory? 

Message 12 of 15 (1,858 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Wokkun Not sure if you got it fixed, but I had been having this issue for a long while now. I finally spent a few hours trying to figure out how to fix it. Here's what I did that I think helped fixed it.

Under the Steam/userdata/<a number>/1213210/remote folder, I deleted all the savegame files, leaving the save_game folder empty. From there, I went up to the 1213210 folder and edited the remotecache.vdf file to remove all the data within the first set of curly braces leaving

"1213210"
{
}

Then I closed the steam client completely (including the desktop tray). This is important, because Steam will keep the old content of the remotecache file in memory. From there, I started the game and loaded/played a level. Exited the game. Checked the remotecache file to see if the new Player_RA_settings_1.bin file was added, then opened the game again to see if it remembered my settings.

Let me know if it works for you or not.
Message 13 of 15 (1,717 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but EA support don't even try helping ! It's all just lost of money.  I have the same issue with    "Battlefield V"    and   "NFS Payback".  Their work is tragic because they are trying to sell their games and just forget about the people that are playing.

Message 14 of 15 (1,355 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TTKei This is what finally fixed the issue for me. Player_TD_settings_1.bin was not saved no matter what I did and only this soultion helped
Message 15 of 15 (851 Views)