HELP! No friend points to collect when I visit my friends?

by elliemsank726

Original Post

HELP! No friend points to collect when I visit my friends?

★ Novice
HELP! Evert time I visit my friends there is no way of earning friend points because there is no buildings which need tax collecting or anything. How am I supposed to collect friend points??!
Message 1 of 10 (1,869 Views)

Re: HELP! No friend points to collect when I visit my friends?

Make sure your daily actions ara available, check timer top left or under the names on your friendscreen. You can also collect FPs in your friends Krustyland.
If you use the Random Attack button, top right in your town you will not be able to collect FPs since theses are not your neighbours, you have to use Batr/Milhouse and the minitown map to get FPs.
If you have the last Friendship prize, currently the KBBL, you cannot collect FPs but at maximum friendship level you do get the occational donut for friendactions.
If your friend has not cleared handshakes in his/her town or recently collected rents, there will be nothing available to tap until buildingrents has regenerated or the handshakes are cleared.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 10 (1,861 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you very much.... so that means that if my friend has already collected rent then I cannot help out. Okay, I haven't got any prizes yet for the friendship points but hopefully I will get some now. Again thank you!
Message 3 of 10 (1,851 Views)

★★ Novice

I have problems when friends visit me ... I have the "hand shaking" icon but when I tap it, nothing... just money (the one from the income) but no friend point.

There are several of them, I've checked on my list and I have some of them but not all ...

When i try to "add" those ones that don't give me friend points it send me an error message.

Do you know what is going on here??? Is very frustrating having active friends that visit but don't pay anything... aaagh!!!

Message 4 of 10 (1,582 Views)

@Eve356 

the thread is years old

You do not get Friend Points from friends visiting your town the "handshakes"

You get Friend Points when you visit them and tap houses in their towns

Are you trying to add already added people?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 10 (1,562 Views)

★★ Novice

No, the ones that I add are brand new, in a second case I try to add the ones that visit my Springfield but they're not in my "friends list".

Idk what am I doing wrong because I've clearly seen some "hand shakings" giving me Friend points when tapped... this is all madness haha but, thanks for answering   :D 

Message 6 of 10 (1,553 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@minicha-em wrote:

You do not get Friend Points from friends visiting your town the "handshakes"

I believe I've corrected you on this once before.  Yes, you DO get Friend Points for collecting handshakes in your own town - 1 FP per handshake.

@Eve356: What is your Friendship Level?  It maxes out at 20, at which point you stop getting FP.

Message 7 of 10 (1,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@elliemsank726 I am having same problems
Message 8 of 10 (1,086 Views)

Hero

@mdc18121967 

This post is from August 2014. You couldn't find a more recent one to post on or make your own? Current problems with nothing to tap is a glitch between your town and the other town. Possibly caused by certain decorations.

Currently there is no official fix, but they are aware.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/My-neighbors-can-t-see-things-to-tap-glitch/m-p/98...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/I-can-not-collect-from-certain-Neighbors/m-p/99626...

Message 9 of 10 (1,069 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for sharing those links @11EEvey.

Locking thread here to limit necroposting.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (1,031 Views)