by TheSirGeorgeous

Original Post

Palpatine Lead/Potency Not Working

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Pixel 2
OS Version current
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Palpatine potency isn't working. Gets resisted on his basic and aoe far too frequently for having 70-100% potency. Basic is supposed to apply shock with 100% accuracy, but there's a chance to resist. Palp is resisted 4 out of 5 times. After happening in nearly every battle, there is no way the 4 out of 5 resist odds occur due to the enemy having the base 15% resist chance.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use palp in a battle against JTR and count how many times shock lands and how many times it is resisted.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country

Palpatine potency isn't working. Gets resisted on his basic and aoe far too frequently for having 70-100% potency. Basic is supposed to apply shock with 100% accuracy, but there's a chance to resist. Palp is resisted 4 out of 5 times. After happening in nearly every battle, there is no way the 4 out of 5 resist odds occur due to the enemy having the base 15% resist chance. 

Message 1 of 27 (2,694 Views)

Re: Palpatine Lead/Potency Not Working

★★ Novice
Its resisted constantly 3 times in a row for me most matches.
Message 2 of 27 (2,640 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have 91% plus 35% from his lead I do find him getting resisted a lot - more then seems right but I don't always know what enemy Tenacity is, so, there's that.

Rey, however, is different in that she can auto-clear debufs on her Zeta for Virtuous Protector - so you can't even go there.  Best you can do is land a Plague and hope nothing bugs out and then you can work her over with Debuffs.

Luke's Tenacity can go way and abuse the emperors as well.

If you can throw up some team comps that are resisting you a lot there's possibly reasons for it.

Message 3 of 27 (2,622 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hiya,

Our team has tested this issue using the parameters described and could not reproduce this. It does not appear to be a bug because we do not know the enemy level of Tenacity coupled with the minimum 15% chance to resist.

Message 4 of 27 (2,561 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Kozi

I would really like you to look into this more, because I have noticed shocks not landing A LOT with Palpatine since the rework and it is integral to his kit.  Often times I don't even see a resist message pop up.  Just nothing.  

No one stacks tenacity.  There are only two circumstances where players have abnormally high levels of tenacity, in which a resisted debuff from Palpatine is reasonable, Thrawn with zeta unique and CLS with zeta on 1st unique.  Yet I see shocks not landing often....like the other day against a level 65 Old Ben in GW.  I had to stop and blink and pinch myself.  

There was also an instance in a video by Ahnald that showed a FRACTURED REY deflecting an attack.  (a recent collaboration with MobileGamer where they revisit Palpatine/Vader with zDN, can produce if need be) 

I think there's some kind of wonky interaction going on with foresight/evasion up and dispels going on behind the scenes, because I notice an abnormally high failure to land shock with 100% potency after lead. 

Since this is SUCH A CRUCIAL mechanism for palpatine and INTEGRAL to his function post rework, can we really take a closer look at this, or perhaps even look into the possibility of adding a bit to his unique zeta like (If the target is a jedi or rebel, they cannot evade or resist this effect)??

I die a little inside every time shock doesn't land.  There's not much left.  Save me.  

Message 5 of 27 (2,547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi Kozi, I took a look at this for you. In 112 instances tested in GW where tenacity is negligible for me and shock land 78 times or 69%. My belief is that the update to his unique is causing the base resist check to occur twice. double base resist would bring the odds to 72% chance so this falls in line with the theory.

I might add that these new sith are really nifty, so strongly consider changing shock to 85% chance on basic. Ep is already very powerful after his reowrk.

Message 6 of 27 (2,487 Views)

★ Apprentice

yea I do feel that EP's potency is alittle undermining. I have him at 120% potency but I get his shock resisted more often than not.

Message 7 of 27 (2,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, please relook at this.  His shock is NOT sticking the way it has previous to the rework (less than 50% of the time now).

It grows tiresome to spend time and resources on game content that is regularly bugged.

Message 8 of 27 (2,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It definitely feels this way but for me in GW I run only EP and ShT through the whole thing. I have several hundred data points now. Everything points to it landing ~70 percent of the time. It should be 85%

Any update on this @CG_Kozispoon?

Message 9 of 27 (2,387 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Thanks a lot for the response Kozi, for looking into it, and the work you guys do!

I also do ask you relook at this. I propose you test him against a GK with low tenacity on a JTR team. This is where I notice it most. GK taunts and 3/4 of the times palp gets resisted against him in the battle. This in addition to the foresight that I am not counting in that statistic, gets pretty frustrating.

Thank you
Message 10 of 27 (2,361 Views)