[OPEN] Write Song / Book / Lyrics Loses Progress

by JonaO703

Original Post

Re: Progress Restarts on Resuming Writing Song

Champion

@djb74 there's an open bug report here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Write-Song-Book-Lyrics-Loses-Progress/m-p/11680318#M22308...

If this looks like your issue, you can add your Me Too to the first post on the thread. There are a lot of players affected by this one by the looks of it. Hopefully it will be addressed in an upcoming patch.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 61 of 105 (993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much! I'm new here and didn't know. Much appreciated. Though I did try the mod thing but it would not let me add the files to the mod folder I created in the directory =\

Message 62 of 105 (959 Views)

Champion

@djb74   Hi!  Are you referring to the suggestion to use the Fast Write mod by Mikya?  Or is there some other mod that you wanted to use?  The game will only recognize mods that are unzipped and added to the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 / Mods folder.  So make sure that is where you are placing mods.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 63 of 105 (954 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JonaO703 Yes the Mikya fast write mod. It tells me: Cannot open output file : Access is denied. : C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 4\Mods\MIKYA_quickbooks.package

Totally new to all this.
Message 64 of 105 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@djb74   No worries at all!  The file path you shared is for the game's program files.  Adding a Mods folder there will not be recognized by the game.  Move those mod files to Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 / Mods folder.  It should look something like this (note that I created a folder for the Mikya mod)...

ModsFolder.png

MikyaFolder.png

Edit: If you're having trouble viewing these images, right click and select view in new tab or new window.

Happy Simming!

Message 65 of 105 (927 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JonaO703 Oh gosh I feel dumb! Thank you so much! There they went, once I tried putting them in the correct spot :P
Message 66 of 105 (917 Views)

Champion

@djb74   Please don't feel dumb!  We've all been there and had to figure these things out.  :-)

Happy Simming!

Message 67 of 105 (914 Views)

Writing books resets when sim leaves lot or sleeps

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play your game
What happens when the bug occurs? The writing of the book completely resets. The sim begins all over again writing the book.
What do you expect to see? That the book writing progress is saved when I sleep, or even when I leave the lot and return. Y'all built-in this bug MANY years ago and have never fixed it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been a problem for many years. I've posted before about it around 3 years ago. You never fixed this bug, among MANY other bugs that have never been fixed in this game.

Message 68 of 105 (839 Views)

Re: Entering CAS reset song writing progress

★★★★ Apprentice

For me, I can write a book and complete as long as I do not: SAVE AND QUIT the game. Or Save, then quit. If I leave the lot, if my Sim sleeps, eats, etc - I continue upon my return from where I left off. 

Likewise, if I'm writing a song, it's a similar issue. As long as I don't quit the game, my progress continues. 

I'm on a PC (windows). Everything's up to date, all packs and stuffs and expansions, etc. No MODS or CCs. 

Message 69 of 105 (786 Views)

Re: Entering CAS reset song writing progress

★★★★★ Newbie

To everyone suffering with this issue...the divine LittleMissSam has a mod that solves it.  This is the link her Random Bug Fixes section. Search for "Resume Writing Workaround Fix" It 100% solved the issue for me. https://lms-mods.com/#rbf   

Do yourself a favor a take some time looking at everything she has to offer. Makes the game so much more enjoyable. 

Message 70 of 105 (663 Views)