[OPEN] Plants look dead while being in season and functional

by LeCheffre

Original Post

Re: Plants look dead while being in season and functional since cottage living.

★★★★ Apprentice
@Trehpike interesting that you get to see them "Turn" brown,
I load a sim to play, and its all brown from the get go...
At some point the techs might see enough of us with this issue, Im not playing at the moment, its all too annoying to uninstall and re install when i could be drinking tea and watching a Netflix series where the story line is almost as bad as that of some of my sims Ive made. Im not talking to sims 4 right now, we aint on speak'in terms, ,dam sims4.
Message 31 of 76 (854 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@sallybear11 Understood. I am at the point of planting parking lots. They grow better than a sims 4 plant. Every Lot. Burn it down, insert sand and cement, let it rain. Ta-Da =Concrete. Too bad we don't have cars to park on my new parking lot.
Message 32 of 76 (838 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Trehpike lol, growing up, in an Italian area, we and our neighbours cleared dirt and laid concrete, it was the daftest thing to do,given we were all avid gardeners, your message reminds me of how much we laughed about the concrete yards growing up, leaving a small bit of ground to plant vegetables. any-hoot, back to the frustration of the year, I tried sims again after getting a big patch from origin, Oh i was excited, they responded to my SOS, they heard me and and when I loaded a game, paused it, they have corrected one error, wait for it........drum roll please,
when adding plants on my lot, they have now made sure all the plants, while live mode is paused, are dead in the menu so it all matches. Im so grateful, their attention to detail and saving me the disappointment of trying to plant green plants is gone, now they are dead in the menu, Oh good old Origin, so much to celebrate.......like...another year of sims, another moment of hopefulness, only to find, they were predictable....there was no fix.
Message 33 of 76 (814 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Broken is the new normal. They fixed your problem. You're better off following my eleven seasons plan. I used to decorate with the growable/harvestable plants. I don't much care for objects that do nothing. I am not into Knick-knacks. Just something else I have to dust when the time comes. If it doesn't serve a purpose, I don't find much use for it. I am not a sim house builder, or rather I WAS a sims player. I don't clutter up my sims lives with non-essentials. Just like the one I just renovated to use. It had a desk in the master bedroom sitting at an angle in the corner of the room. My sim would sit there and play video games, get excited and "POP" somehow slip from the computer chair into the gap behind the desk in the corner of the room. I would hear her baby crying to death while working with a couple other sims, I go to check on the baby to find the baby stinky and starving. Look for my sim, she is stuck in the corner of the room behind the desk in a panic since she can't get out and reach her dying baby! If I ask "why did my sim get behind a desk in the corner of the room where there is no way to get behind the desk in the first place?" The answer is... it must be some mod you're using.  I no longer decorate my houses with living, growing plants lining the walkway up to my house. I no longer name my houses "Prim-Rose Path" or " Lily Walk" Or "Walled Garden in Bloom". Now I go with "The Concrete Llama" and "The Cow Pie". Dead, wilted, brown plants are the new normal. I guess we live with it, until some CC expert finds a fix for it. I got a new problem. I had a Butler, she became like family, she got pregnant by some guy in StrangerVille. She went into labor while being my butler. She would test the kitchen counter for dust... finger wipe across the counter, stare at her finger and see if dust level is acceptable, then double over and grab her belly and crying out in labor pains. I tried to make her part of the family so I could help her have her baby.  Silly me! you can't add the butler to the family while she is in labor! After an hour of this labor pained butler wandering the house, I cancelled the butler service so she would go and have the baby, which worked... she left the house, "poofed" out, went home to MyShoeNo, had the baby at the Culpepper house, then returned to my lot as part of the family, but left her baby behind in MyShoeNo! We went to get her baby, we knock on the door, can hear the baby crying inside, her "parents" don't answer the door, my one sim teleported into the apartment, went through the apartment, located the baby's cries, but the baby is invisible and untouchable. Messages pop up about the baby starving. I tried Freebuild cheat, I now can find the baby and his crib, but still cannot do any interaction with the baby. I can get the baby and the crib half out the apartment door, but that just makes it so that the mother stands there watching her baby die. Currently my game is paused with the baby still stranded in limbo. An empty apartment in MyShoeNo with the eerie haunting cries of a baby, starving, echo through the building and my butler, my friend, my family. watches in horror, listening to the cries of a new born. They win, plants are dead. Pour the concrete. 

Message 34 of 76 (794 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Trehpike Omg I just couldn't bare it, Im afraid I would have to delete the whole game, characters and have a cry. Im just not cut out for crying babies, digital or otherwise. what a weird and depressing glitch, definitely time for a warm tea and some biscuits and a start over. isnt that what we all end up having to do at some point, just quit delete someone and start over.....jeeez.
Message 35 of 76 (768 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@sallybear11 As for dead plants, my Fav part of sims is creating lush green wilderness lots with underground hidden retreats ,
water...swear...swear...swear...
Message 36 of 76 (764 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@sallybear11 Well, I had a cup of coffee, and named one of my Golden Hen Chickens Golden Bisquit, does that count? (then again, I named the Rooster Golden Nuggets and my other Hen Extra Crispy)
Message 37 of 76 (807 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And yeah, I deleted the game, started a new one. No matter what I did the butler would stop everything and "cry it out" 3 or 4 times a day. Gave it 2 weeks game time to see if I could maybe adopt the baby to my house hold but it never came up for adoption, lots of babies, but not the one I was waiting for. i couldn't bring myself to delete babies to see if maybe I had to make room for her kid in the system. BUT, here is a picture of my NEW GAME! Spring Day 3, the entire mountain of Hensley bag end is dead or dying. I noticed that when I first started playing Cottage living there was always an "Aurora Borealis" over my little farm at night. since the blight moved in I never get the Auroras any more. They are a byproduct of getting your Eco Neighborhood to "Green" status. Maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know. I turned all the pack stuff off, it was raining about 20 hours a day 7 days a week, everything was mud and puddles. My sims were slipping and falling down constantly until they were actually complaining about injuries and having down time to heal pulled muscles and sprains. Spent half the time in hot tubs or bed. Here is a picture. Your world isn't the only one with brown everything. Seems the more I upgrade the things around the farm, stoves, sinks, tv, etc. the browner it gets. Buy a computer, a tree dies, get a bigger tv, the roses die. New game day 3 spring. It was all green to start.08-27-21_10-47-14 PM.png

Message 38 of 76 (801 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Trehpike Noooooo, dont say it, dont say thats with seasons uninstalled,
(knee's trembling) thinking of the rooster golden nuggets,(nothing to do with it) sooo, my brain decides to focus on the unrelated bits and pretend there isn't a way to make a large wild lot, unless I play vampires forever, which defeats the purpose of being mad about green lush landscapes, sims 3 is starting to look less pixelated and greener at this stage.
Message 39 of 76 (780 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is an on going problem for many of us,

the key is SEASONS,

As discovered by @Trehpike .

Once seasons is uninstalled, the dead plants throughout the world and any and all lots return to normal.

Before you ask...No Mods.

Message 40 of 76 (772 Views)