[OPEN] [CL] [CD] Dogs can't use elevators

by Ciaron88

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [CD] Dogs can't use elevators

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue.  I have gotten rid of all my mods.  I am in an apartment in the eco living world.  There is no elevators, only stairs.  The dogs are both adults, one large and one small.  Neither is able to route out to pee.  I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it.  D:

Message 31 of 45 (1,794 Views)

Sims cleans the peeing on the street after the dog.

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, my Sim lives in an apartment with a dog and every time a dog pees on the street ,Sim goes to clean it for him.

The command for the dog to go pee on itself does not work either, every time a bubble pops up where there are shoe prints with a red exclamation mark. 

The command to go for a walk with the dog should also be adjusted so that the dog pee himself, this is how the Sim must always tell him.

Thanks for repair.

Message 32 of 45 (1,591 Views)

Re: Sims cleans the peeing on the street after the dog.

Champion

There's been a bug since 2018 where dogs cannot use apartment elevators, so that's why you get a bubble pop up with a route failure symbol on it. The dog can't get outside to pee on their own. To get around the issue, you'll either have to manually carry the dog outside or move to a regular house with no elevator so that the dog can get outside on their own.

Message 33 of 45 (1,551 Views)

Re: Sims cleans the peeing on the street after the dog.

★★★ Apprentice

Well, thank you for the info, but the fact that the Sim goes to wipe out the road after peeing of the dog was fixed. So why are my sims still doing it?

Message 34 of 45 (1,470 Views)

Re: Dogs can't use elevators in Financial District

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have this issue in Medina studios, mods removed and the dog has learned to pee outside. It has to do with the interaction "Ask Dog to Go Potty"

Message 35 of 45 (1,518 Views)

I play with toddlers in San Myshuno a lot and I have to say it would be pretty strange if a toddler, or a dog, could use an elevator alone without a parent.

I certainly wouldn't want them autonomously running all over the neighborhood unless their caregivers had brought them down.

Message 36 of 45 (1,500 Views)

Dogs not being able to go potty when living in an apartment

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

When you’re living in an apartment, and you ask the dog to go potty, it won’t go. So therefore, I have to pick up the dog, put it outside, tell it to go potty, and then take it back inside. It’s very annoying. One word. Help.

Message 37 of 45 (1,595 Views)

Re: Dogs not being able to go potty when living in an apartment

Community Manager

Hi there @BonnieSimmer11,

Which apartment is your Sim currently living in?

When you ask your dog to go potty, does a thought bubble appear over their head with a routing error? 

solaire.png

Message 38 of 45 (1,560 Views)

Re: Dogs not being able to go potty when living in an apartment

Hero (Retired)

@BonnieSimmer11 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 39 of 45 (1,470 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This has been happening for me for awhile, and it is really frustrating as it makes owning a pet VERY annoying.

I have tried different combinations of dog sizes (Small and Large), and Ask to Go Potty interaction occurring Inside the apartment vs Outside the Door. In the following situations, the dog will use the elevator to go potty:

• Spice District, Large Dog, Outside the Door.
  • Arts Quarter, Large Dog, Both Inside the Apartment and Outside the Door.
  • Fashion District, Large Dog, Inside the Apartment.

Nothing worked in the Uptown area, and nothing worked for a Small Dog.

Message 40 of 45 (1,332 Views)