Re: Sim had romantic interaction with child

by TheSimsDirect

Original Post

Adult sim has “romantic interest” bar w. toddler

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 11.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except JTB I believe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, I don’t even know how it happened in my game
What happens when the bug occurs? When I hover over my adult sims child it shows up
What do you expect to see? My adult sim should not have any romantic interest in her toddler. There is no romantic section under interactions so I have no idea how it happened
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As I said above, my adult sim has a romantic interest bar with her toddler. I have no clue how this would have happened but it’s not the first time. Similarly, the other day my sims teenage son got a pop up and it was his adult principal confessing she had a crush on him and there was an option to go on a date, ghost her or ask to just be friends. It’s a creepy bug that’s for sure 

Message 61 of 88 (1,393 Views)

Re: Adults developing romance bars with children (even with their own kids).

★ Guide

Agree 1000% 

I tried to cheat it and all it did was put the bar mostly full but red instead of pink and labeled “it’s very complicated” she’s a damn toddler. I aged her up hoping it would change it, but it’s still there and no way to get rid of it. Sims are also cheating on their spouses despite having the loyal trait. It seems like it’s a bug with the loyal trait because this didn’t happen until they added that trait to the game 

Message 62 of 88 (1,295 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parents have romantic interest in their children

★ Guide

My sim has a romantic relationship with her toddler and the option to “just be friends” isn’t even showing up, I tried cheating it but all it did was fill the bar more, the color changed from pink to red and it’s now labelled as “it’s very complicated”

my other sim’s husband apparently flirted with this sim too (the same sim that has a romantic bar with a toddler) he wasn’t even talking to her. I have no clue how it happened but this all seems to be happening with the same sim and ever since they added the loyal trait to the game. It must be a bug in that trait. I chose “just be friends” and while it got rid of all pink, the bar is still there showing that have been romantic interests. So dumb Frown 

Message 63 of 88 (1,293 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parents have romantic interest in their children

★ Guide

I honestly think it’s a bug with the new loyal trait  

Message 64 of 88 (1,292 Views)

Re: Adult sim has “romantic interest” bar w. toddler

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too! My female sim is attracted to her toddler son. I can't see any interaction options which shouldn't be there between them so I can't figure out how this has happened, but it's pretty disturbing 🤮 attaching screenshot

Message 65 of 88 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm playing on Mac
Message 66 of 88 (1,207 Views)

★ Guide
@Rosieekate Omg, so it still hasn’t been fixed. I tried to cheat it to get rid of the romance bar and all it did was fill it more, but with red instead of pink and now it’s labelled as “it’s very complicated.” Id hoped when I aged her to child it would change but it didn’t 😭
Message 67 of 88 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Novice

It completely came out of nowhere for me, I didn't notice any odd interactions between them and I haven't seen any change in their behaviour towards each other, it just appeared randomly in their relationship panels... hoping it will get fixed with the next update!

Message 68 of 88 (1,178 Views)

Sim had romantic interaction with child

★★★ Newbie

I was hosting a birthday party for my toddler sims to age up into a child. There were 3 guest sims, the two parents, and the toddler. When the toddler aged up into a child I was somewhere else and when I went back to the child it said he had romance with his mother.

I have no idea how this happened and now they are listed as romantic interests and it is extremely disturbing. This is the only time it’s ever happened and they haven’t had romantic interactions since but the sentiment won’t go away. 

Like when I click her sons profile he is listed as sim and romantic interest and it won’t go away

Message 69 of 88 (1,185 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sim had romantic interaction with child

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We would like to collect more affected (unmodded) save files with this issue, preferably from both before and after the issue occurred.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

Message 70 of 88 (5,825 Views)