by SimTecnologic

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GRO] Guests don't sleep

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except Journey to Batuu, Parenthood, Luxury Stuff, and some kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With Growing Together, invite guests to come to the Sims' home for a few days, or accept a Sim's offer to come as a guest for a few days
What happens when the bug occurs? With Growing Together, guests who come to my Sims' house for a few days never sleep, even if I create a spare room with a bed available for them... I don't know if it's normal or not...
What do you expect to see? That the guests who come to my sims' house for a few days sleep at night, in the spare room with a bed available for them...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Grow Together

Hi, With Growing Together, guests who come to my Sims' house for a few days never sleep, even if I create a spare room with a bed available for them...
I don't know if it's normal or not...

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 16 (5,353 Views)

Re: [GRO] Guests don't sleep

★★★★★ Guide
small update, the sim has been staying at my sims' house for 4 days, and he hasn't slept yet, the stay still lasts 2 sims days, we'll see if he decides to sleep, sooner or later
Message 2 of 16 (5,218 Views)

Re: [GRO] Guests don't sleep

★★★★ Guide

Same, I invited the brother over for few days, never put a sleeping bag on the ground to sleep, and just stayed still, not eating, not sleeping, not even a nap, basically not doing anything...

Message 3 of 16 (5,201 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Guests don't sleep

★★★★ Novice

Have you tried assigning beds for them?

Message 4 of 16 (4,826 Views)

★ Guide
@SimTecnologic Sometimes they claim the beds by themselves, they act quite normally, playing with kids/pets, eat,drink, put away trash, but never sleep)) they even leave to work (but stay in their career outfit and not change to everyday on return). Never seen them sleeping)) looks like you no longer need always sleepy and lazy butler)
Message 5 of 16 (4,782 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine will sleep in beds assigned to them, but not for the full night. Often times they disappear at night and reappear in the morning. But they’re supposed to take out sleeping bags from their suitcases, I’ve yet to see that happen. Very disappointing

Message 6 of 16 (4,626 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this problem. They don't sleep with assigned beds, don't sleep with a sleeping bag i buy and place in a good size area, and they don't pull out their own sleeping bag. I suppose it's not that big of a deal lol but still you'd expect them to sleep at a sleepover

Message 7 of 16 (3,858 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 8 of 16 (3,847 Views)

Champion

I'm on Xbox Series X, so sorry I can't share saves. My guests didn't sleep either despite creating an entire self contained guest house for them for my first attempt. I assigned them sides of the bed in the guest house but they got into bed at bedtime and just slept for an hour or so then got up and started pottering around in the guest house, watching TV or outside swimming in the pool. They were also grabbing a lot of food and water from the fridge and leaving crockery around everywhere. It was a 3 day stay for my Sim's parents. I locked the computer because it's next to my Sim's bedroom and her dad was using that for hours.

It wouldn't bother me so much because the guests aren't complaining about being tired or unhappy and seem absolutely fine but it slows the game speed down overnight. The cleanup is a bit of an annoyance the next morning too lol.

I've changed households since but just adding my Me Too. I'll try it again after I've done the current scenario I'm doing and see how I get on.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 9 of 16 (3,822 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GRO] Guests don't sleep

★★ Apprentice

This is the same bug with pets not sleeping at night but now happening with sleepover guest. It truly annoys me I can't hardly play with some fun features because these bugs ruin them.

Message 10 of 16 (3,795 Views)