Guild Chat crashes when leaving a room with a single player

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? LG v30
OS Version Android 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 871-232-836
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug When I choose to leave a room with someone, I choose "LEAVE" in "CHAT OPTIONS" and no problem. Yet occasionally, when I do this it asks me _again_ to leave a room. As seen in the screenshot (Chat1), GUILD CHAT is the one that is highlighted in the background. If I press the "X" in the upper right hand corner, it does nothing and stays on the same screen. I can click on "INVITE PLAYER" and it takes me to that screen. I can then click "X" to return to the original CHAT OPTIONS screen. If I choose LEAVE, I get the error shown in screenshot (Chat2). It will not allow me to "RESTART" using the button shown. Additionally, if I click on "CONTACT US" my browser opens and I get the error in screenshot (Chat3).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This has happened before, but I have not been able to reproduce this bug.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

The attachments are detailed in the summary.

Chat1_2018-09-26-12-13-55.png
Chat2_2018-09-26-12-15-00.png
Chat3_2018-09-26-12-15-22.png
Message 1 of 6 (641 Views)

Re: Guild Chat crashes when leaving a room with a single player

EA Live QV Team

Hi @reovalis and thank you for the report.

We attempted to reproduce the scenario but were unable to do so. If you experience it again, please let us know.

Message 2 of 6 (590 Views)

★★ Novice

I experienced this same thing 2 days ago.  I was in a TB CM, and went to a chat that someone had created.  I left the chat, and had this same thing, that the first time I left the room, it removed the room, but the "leave" window was still present, although it seemed like it was for the general chat, this time.  Selecting again to leave does nothing.  Selecting the X does nothing.  Hitting "back" on my Android does nothing.  Eventually hitting Leave did give me the same Error message as the screenshot, but again, Restart didn't work.  Had to hard-close the game from Android windows page, and re-launch.  Fortunately we got 3-stars in that TB area so my points didn't matter. Wink

Message 3 of 6 (565 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had 2 occasions where I encountered this error and am unable to leave the new chat or chat options screen. I was able to manage to recreate this error as follows:

1. Be in the middle of a battle - I had to refresh since i simmed it first time but was in an omega event at least one attack in. 

2. In the middle of battle a chat notifications is displayed - I had to purchase some gear and make my own toon gear lvl notification but it worked. (Note: I had tried this previously but was I the separate chat channel an not my main guild one so the first gear notification never displayed and I wasn't able to click on it)

3. Click on notification to open chat window.

4. Selected the settings gear for the private chat window. 

5. Encounter Issues

- "X" button doesn't do anything

- clicking "leave" did nothing first time

- clicking "leave" second or third time gave me error  9.0

- click restart gave discolored screen before going to web sit.

Attached screen shots.

I know that I tried these steps without the gearing up notification in a raid, galactic war, and different omega battle and none of them produced the same results. I don`t know if other variations of the same variables would recreate it or not but don't have the recourse to try. I think one key item is accessing chat from clicking on a chat notification and being in an event battle of some sort may also be a key factor.

I realize I got some benefit (gear leveling) from this but I normally wouldn't have spend those crystals and used that gear in those specific places necessarily if I hadn't `t been doing this. If EA would  being willing to credit me the 900 crystals and 400 guild event tokens I spend recreating this for them that would be really awesome. I have my ally code and player ID ready to PM a rep for when EA is ready to do the right thing 😁😉🤔

Screenshot_20190427-111417.jpg
Screenshot_20190427-111357.jpg
Screenshot_20190427-111349.jpg
Message 4 of 6 (526 Views)

★★★ Novice

Additional screen shots 

Screenshot_20190427-111536.jpg
Screenshot_20190427-111609.jpg
Message 5 of 6 (525 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unintentionally recreated the error again first from both the TW review screen and again from the main cantina screen. Both situations I entered Guild chat from a gear lvl notification by the chat icon, and in these instances selected the new chat button and was unable to leave with the "X" button.

Screenshot_20190428-211756.jpg
Screenshot_20190428-211305.jpg
Message 6 of 6 (482 Views)