by DracuAlice2017

Original Post

[GRO] Sims Idle and UI Is Unresponsive During Stay-Overs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a stay-over in the calendar. Within a day or two, the game becomes unresponsive.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims become unresponsive. The game acts like it is still going, yet the sims are idle and can not interact with any of the UI. The day in the UI says Wednesday while the calendar states that it is Thursday, as if time is passing in the game and is not displaying it properly.
What do you expect to see? That there is no freezing and that I am able to use the UI.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Growing Together Pack

I have enclosed a clip of what I am experiencing during this (I hope that it is viewable). I am able to open the menu and enter full/windowed screen, but I can't shift between sims nor can I interact with anything. I have only ever had this happen when I would initiate a stay-over with sims. I normally don't have a problem with sims who call to start a stay-over, at least in other saves. I don't know if it's the lot I am on or what, but whenever I have a stay-over on this lot, it bugs out my game. The UI shows that it is Wednesday, yet when I open the calendar, it shows that it is another day. The game goes through day/night cycles, yet the time is frozen and my sims continue to be idle. I can't save nor can I exit out of it through game. I have to force stop it through task manager in order to close it.

Edit: I have also included two screenshots from the game. The first one is of the UI in the game showing the date as Wednesday and the second one is from the calendar showing the date as Thursday. 

Message 1 of 2 (650 Views)

Re: [GRO] Sims Idle and UI Is Unresponsive During Stay-Overs

★★★ Guide

I'm just commenting to add on some extra info. The lot that I am seeing this on is Affluista Mansion (where the Landgraab family starts off at). I don't know if it's all 50x50 or large lots or if it's this one in particular. I will keep testing on my part, especially with other 50x50 lots and testing to see if it's the lot itself or the build I am using. I do know that every other lot that I have been on, I have not experienced this (lots in San Sequoia or elsewhere).

When this happened recently, there were only 4 sims on the lot (3 in my household and 1 staying over). I have been able to have at least 6 sims on this lot in my household with no problems on performance or with the UI. Whenever there has been a stayover, it doesn't matter how many sims are staying over or who initiates, it works for a day and then starts to freak out with my sims idling and the UI becoming unresponsive.

Message 2 of 2 (562 Views)