[FIXED] [HCHSP] Sims eating prepped ingredients as 'eat leftovers'

by kittyspacegirl

Original Post

Re: sims eating prepped ingredients as 'eat leftovers'

★ Guide

@LadyAofPineapple   I see what you mean, that could explain why the raw batter is eaten before a normal meal. But still, in my opinion, raw batter should NOT be eaten, period. It should not be consider edible until it is prepped as a meal.

(although all of us have eaten cookie dough as we were preparing cookies, admit it XD !!!!!)

Message 11 of 34 (1,328 Views)

Sims Eating Prepped Ingredients as Eat Leftovers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 90%
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Horse Ranch, Growing Together, High School Years, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Journey To Batuu, Realm Of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Done Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Home Chef Hustle, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Grim' s Ghoulish Guitar, Grunge Revival, Greenhouse Haven, Simtimates, Desert Luxe, First Fits, Little Campers, Moonlight Chic, Carnival Street wear, Incheon Arrivals, Industrial Loft, Fashion Street, Courtyard Oasis, Country Kitchen, Throwback Fit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Prep ingredients with stand mixer and place in fridge, then press "eat leftovers" button 
What happens when the bug occurs? Regardless of cooked food in the fridge, sims almost always eat prepped ingredients straight out of the fridge autonomously or when "eat leftovers" is clicked
What do you expect to see? The sim eating the cooked food, not batter or dough
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

~ 🏳️‍🌈 Shane, he/they

Message 12 of 34 (1,313 Views)

Re: Sims Eating Prepped Ingredients as Eat Leftovers

★★★ Apprentice

My post was moved from "Bug Report" to " General Discussion". Can I take this as confirmation that this is not a bug but just the way the game is designed and will not be fixed?

Message 13 of 34 (1,271 Views)

★ Guide

if this is intentional then im worried for the developer that eats raw prepped meat...

Message 14 of 34 (1,185 Views)

★ Guide
@simsplayer818 that sounds infuriating Frown
Message 15 of 34 (1,183 Views)

Re: [HCHSP] Sims eating prepped ingredients as 'eat leftovers'

★ Guide

this is game-breaking for me. there was this glitch where my sim would always make new food and never eat leftovers and i stopped playing the game for months - i did NOT get home chef hustle just we could eat prepped ingredients. Does that not take the point out of the entire pack?????? they HAVE to fix this

Message 16 of 34 (1,148 Views)

Champion
@Builds4Wizards It's definitely infuriating, mostly because Open is on the last list of Refrigerator commands. So every morning while my Sims are in their showers I queue the Go Here command instead of Get Leftovers and then I'm going click, click, click, Open, grab, place breakfast lol 🍳. But it is getting around the problem of eating the wrong thing and the fact I can't tell a few Sims to grab leftovers at similar times because they won't do it and their queues empty.
My Sims also usually eat leftovers standing at the fridge instead of sitting down...so a slightly creepy image of them huddled around the fridge eating raw ingredients or blocks of cheese while standing can also be avoided. It also helps with the waffle fires, I had none at first but now even experienced chefs are losing half the kitchen. I do the waffle thing when one has a spare moment instead of starting out the day with them running from a fire and being late for school/work.
So I absolutely agree with you this should be looked at. I did think it was a bug but apparently not 🤔. I thought my Sims would like the new Stuff Pack with their new gadgets but it's made their lives a bit complicated.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 17 of 34 (1,097 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HCHSP] Sims eating prepped ingredients as 'eat leftovers'

★★★ Newbie

I too have this issue and it's becoming MORE annoying because now, people will come over and steal prepped ingredients out of my refrigerator to eat.

What I would Like to see:

- Tuning so that sims will not autonomously grab things like dough, batter, etc

- Alternatively, have the 'Get Leftovers' open a menu that shows viable options and let you pick from that menu. This would be better than just using the 'open' menu, especially if you're like me and keep a ton of ingredients in your fridge. The 'Get Leftover' menu could reduce to JUST prepared meals. 

Message 18 of 34 (903 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've encountered this in my game and it is SO annoying. It makes me not want to prep ingredients at all, making the mixer pretty much useless. If this is an intentional game design, it's absolutely horrible. Sims should not be eating raw dough, batter, and meat. Would it actuallt be difficult to make a minor tuning adjustment so the prepped ingredients are treated like the "wrapped red/white meat" from Cottage Living? I wonder if a modder will take on this task, if Maxis decides to continue to ignore it.

Message 19 of 34 (832 Views)

★ Apprentice

You'd imagine eating chopped and prepped veggies, maybe... but raw meat? raw pizza dough OK... idk, maybe sims could eat it and get sick? Definitely happening to me too and I thought at first it was another "feature"

Message 20 of 34 (829 Views)