by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: [Open] Edge not functioning on certain phones

★★★ Newbie
Same problem with my Asus Zenfone max pro m1
Message 50 of 99 (1,495 Views)

★★ Novice

Same with xiaomi mi 8. Guess i dont have to play this game cuz iam stuck on every party quest. lol.

Message 51 of 99 (1,916 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same problem on my phone Alcatel one touch pop 3. I cannot access the menue because this button is not active, cannot connect to googleplay games because of that, so cannot save into the cloude  and transfer the data into another divice. Besides, the game does not want to start on Samsung galaxy ace 3 at all - just a white screen after loading

Message 52 of 99 (1,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue with my OnePlus 6T.

I can click all of the side buttons except for the next arrow on the Featured section of the store. For some reason it just doesn't work. I have tried turning my notch on/off and rotating my screen but it either just goes back to the game, or pulls up the android navigation menu.

Message 53 of 99 (1,726 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having this issue on Pixel 3 XL. Can't complete tutorial because I can't click anything close to the edge of the screen. 

Message 54 of 99 (1,680 Views)

Can't get passed 1st party invite AND tap accuracy problems

★★★ Newbie

I can't get passed the point where the girl invites you to her party at in the introduction. In order to tap on something I have to physically tap about a quarter of an inch to the right of it. So this means I can't click on the settings button on the right side of the screen.

I am using an Essential PH-1, so maybe the "notch" on my phone isn't supported correctly.

Message 55 of 99 (1,595 Views)

Re: Can't get passed 1st party invite AND tap accuracy problems

@ferrari97s I've merged your post with an existing post on the bug forum.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 56 of 99 (1,559 Views)

Supported Display Resolution/Screen Size Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) ZB601KL
OS Version Android 8.1.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to install and play it on an Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) ZB601KL or a phone with a similar display size.
What do you expect to see? To be able to access the game buttons located on the right edge of the game screen.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Philippines
Additional feedback

Greetings,

I hope the devs could come up with a fix for this type of issue soon;

I can't tap anywhere on the right edge of the game screen.
The game recognizes my tapping but there seems to be some sort of an offset because the circular cursor that appears on areas on the ground that I tap only shows up on the left side of that area on the right edge of the screen (see attached screenshot for details).

Because of this issue, the game is mostly unplayable -- I can't open that white tab with the blue arrow on the middle right edge of the screen. I can't exit menus using the "X" button on the top-right of the screen too.

I'm playing on an Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) ZB601KL (with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~404 ppi density)).

It seems that the game is not optimized for phones with an 18:9 aspect ratio display.

Message 57 of 99 (1,520 Views)

UI/resolution issues on Sims Mobile

★★★ Novice

Recently switched phones from an Asus Zenfone Lazer 2 to the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. Played Sims mobile on the old phone with no problems. 

On the new phone (with better specs), there seems to be some UI and resolution issues. I noticed the rendering is remarkably worse (the shadows are solid gray blocks instead of the soft gray shadows in the old phone, and their faces are slightly elongated.)

I can live with that. But the real problem is, on the new phone, the menu tab is inaccessible. I can still see the triangle on the right. I can still see everything. But when I try to click on the triangle button that leads to menu and options, nothing happens, the game shows the ground being targeted (or whatever is close to that area gets selected.) So, on the new phone it's become impossible to attend or start parties. Which is really sad. Frown

Is there any way around this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

Message 58 of 99 (1,495 Views)

Re: UI/resolution issues on Sims Mobile

Merged your post with an existing bug post on this issue @imacoffeejunkie

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 59 of 99 (1,466 Views)