by LunarBritney

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CCSP] Simanite and Emerald Give Impossible to Use Benefits

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.345.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to crystal creations
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Charge the Simanite and Emerald gemstone craftables
What happens when the bug occurs? The buff to gain more work/school perfomance (simanite) or more luck in chance cards (emerald), but the buff that gives all those benefits only appears when the crystal is placed next to a sim physically. But sims go to work/school, they cannot do that and nor do the crystal provide the buffs via inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to get the benefits by having crystals in their inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Another pack another bunch of oversights

Message 1 of 20 (633 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CCSP] Simanite and Emerald Give Impossible to Use Benefits

★★★★★ Expert
@LunarBritney All the standing crystals are like that. You need to craft a jewel to wear when you go to work/school.

View in thread

Message 4 of 20 (561 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

YESSS I noticed this in my game as well. How I am supposed to be able to get the benefits from this. The moodlet only occurs if it is placed on the lot and your sim is near it. The moodlet disappears if it is placed in the inventory, so how is its effect supposed to work because my sim will always be away from it when they are at work / school? 

image.pngScreenshot 2024-04-08 170953.png

Message 2 of 20 (625 Views)

★★ Guide
@rory_nutt I wonder how many more gems have this kinda issue
Message 3 of 20 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@LunarBritney All the standing crystals are like that. You need to craft a jewel to wear when you go to work/school.
Message 4 of 20 (562 Views)

★★ Guide
@GiardiniDiMarzo But then what's the point of charging the crystals if their effects don't work that way?
Message 5 of 20 (554 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@LunarBritney But you can charge jewels, I don't see the problem... There's standing crystal you can use at home, like the one crafted with Plumbite.
Message 6 of 20 (552 Views)

★★ Guide
@GiardiniDiMarzo If the crystal's only benefit is displayed on all versions of it, I shouldn't need to figure out which one truly gives the benefits in the correct way. It's just misleading and frustrating.
Message 7 of 20 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@GiardiniDiMarzo 

What do you mean you can't see the problem? You literally can't utilize the crystal's benefit that is displayed on the tooltip of the cut gemstone when it is charged under the moonlight because the moodlet doesn't apply when it is in their inventory. 

Message 8 of 20 (511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have a question: Can these gems be placed inside a school building where they would be useful or inside a work structure where they would be useful? If that is possible, then if there were two of them at that location and one could always be charging while the other was giving benefit, would that be a useful work around to the dilemma?

edited to correct spelling/grammar

Message 9 of 20 (477 Views)

★ Guide
@amjoie Only active high school/the three Get To Work active careers have a lot you can access that you could put the crystal on, and I don't think you get chance cards while at active school/work?
Message 10 of 20 (418 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help