Battlefield 1 PS4 v1.24 Trench periscope bug

by Speakablesole22

Original Post

Battlefield 1 PS4 v1.24 Trench periscope bug

★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug In SP mode trench periscope keeps dropping out of the inventory whenever i pick up a weapon from a weapon crate (Battlefield 1 Revolution Bundle v1.24)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go everywhere on the map where you can find a weapon crate and pick up a weapon then see that the trench periscope will be dropped out of the inventory and you won't be able to use it after you change a weapon because it will be dropped out from the inventory again.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's happening all over the war stories whenever you are playing infantry and need a periscope to mark your enemies. It is flustrating because you cannot use the periscope from a point whenever you pick up a weapon from a weapon crate with the reason it will be dropped out from the inventory. When you pick the periscope up again you can use it for a limited time until you change weapon. Then it will be dropped out again a floats a while in front of you and then stucks on the ground.
Please select your region Other
In what game mode did the bug occur? Single Player Campaign
In what Single Player War Story did the bug occur? Nothing is Written
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Hy everyone!

I have found a bug with the newest 1.24 Battlefield 1 update on PS4. In SP mode the trench periscope keeps dropping out of the inventory whenever i pick up a weapon from a weapon crate (Battlefield 1 Revolution Bundle v1.24). It's happening all over the war stories whenever you are playing infantry and need a periscope to mark your enemies. It is flustrating because you cannot use the periscope from a point whenever you pick up a weapon from a weapon crate with the reason it will be dropped out from the inventory. When you pick the periscope up again you can use it for a limited time until you change weapon. Then it will be dropped out again a floats a while in front of you and then stucks on the ground.

It is important that this bug only appears with the PS4 1.24 update. With the previous updates and with the very first version of the game the bug doesn't appear at all. The game works flawless with the older versions.

Please help me solve this issue.

Thank you very much.

Adam

Video here from the bug: https://youtu.be/KqLoXZaGwKI

Message 1 of 16 (4,745 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 PS4 v1.24 Trench periscope bug

★★★ Novice

Hey anyone!

Did anybody encounter with this problem? Could it be a unique one? 

Please leave a feedback.

Thank you very much.

Message 2 of 16 (4,605 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the report @Speakablesole22 We have sent this on the team to take a look at. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 16 (4,546 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Thank you, I'm looking forward to a possible solution.

Message 4 of 16 (4,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm experiencing this bug on the PC version too, it's really annoying
Message 5 of 16 (4,367 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Did the team manage to deal with this issue? We have now already the 1.25 summer update on PS4 too, but this bug still occurs. Could you give me some status about the issue? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 16 (4,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_AticThis bug is still in the game as of 2/10 2018. 

I just tried to report this myself at: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Binoculars-automatically-dropped-after-picking-up-weapons/td-p...

Message 7 of 16 (4,205 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have you REALLY? It’s October and it still doesn’t work. I’ve seen it reported on one other report that you replied to? Do you guys just not care about people that want to actually play the campaign for the story and only care about online or what?

I only bought the game for the campaign! This is maddening. If the coders need to bring out 1000 rubber ducks to explain the code to in order to find the problem, so be it!

Message 8 of 16 (4,145 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is your name @EA_Atic because everything you hear just gets stuffed into the attic above the EA HQ? The main game is broken for the Revolutions pack download. Idk if there are different versions between just buying BF1 and the BF1 Revolutions dealio, but the later doesn’t work for the campaign.

I just want to enjoy a good campaign story!

Message 9 of 16 (4,116 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Reallynotalex Thanks for the comment It made me laugh. Yes I have sent it on to the team. They are aware. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 16 (4,059 Views)