PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

★★ Novice

If i may suggest, use the software program which controls your fan speeds depending on what brand and type of Graphics card your using and Ramp up or speed up your fans during any hard core gaming play cause at 80'c is pretty hot and peeks above can cause gaming issues. I seem to recall that heat causes defeat ! so Stay Kewl and good luck on gaming Sir ! <o

Message 481 of 487 (2,951 Views)

★★ Novice

I found the issues with my games crashing it was hidden in the Ram, Apparently I had ram speed issues with XMP using AMD ram on an Intel Platform. This worked fine till I updated my Bios which cause crashes. So make sure to check your QVL's on both Motherboards and DDRam.

Message 482 of 487 (2,947 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Game randomly crashes only when DXR is on even on stock clocks of videocard. I bought a RTX video card, but I have to play on the same graphics settings that I played on the previous 1080 Ti. Thanks DICE.

Message 483 of 487 (2,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@iVasiaIf you are on a rtx 2070 or similar like me, the random crash if only is during a game, is due to a surge in heat presuming(if it goes over over target unless unrestricted, it will close/ctd/crash, you should be able to get 100 fps on all high, and 60-70 on all ultra
So far i've got a new pc case, with 5-7 more fans depending how you count fans, i've yet to see have a random ctd or bsod so far, in about 6 games

May I also ask what your specs are,monitor/hz, case fans,cpu fan/s and full type of rtx ?

TLDR: The game really heats up rtx cards unless its a rtx super/ti wtv

Message 484 of 487 (2,770 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No, I got 2080 Ti (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
I had several different 2080 Ti before and all of them experienced the same game crashes. This happens only when DXR is turned on.
It didn't matter if the graphics card was overclocked or running at stock clocks.

I even returned a couple of video cards to the store, considering that they were defective.
You have no idea how many nerves I killed for this sh*t. If I had the opportunity to smudge the face of one of the DICE representatives, I would not hesitate to do it.
Message 485 of 487 (2,750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@iVasiaI know this is probably obvious and you have tried, but what is your cpu? and have you tried capping the game to 60hz 60fps? with the same results?
I ask cpu simply because having dxr on requires additional usages that the TI may be pushing the limit of(cpu's or heat buildup on cpu), and yes the dxr is still a beautiful mess for a variety of reasons lol
Do you also have the crash logs leading up to? and are you bsod crash? soft crash to desktop or, freeze and close? and just for a quick reference , EA recommend a 6+ core and 12+ threads

You can also feel free to add me to try and troubleshoot few more options if you want

Message 486 of 487 (2,729 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@emobezetwu They don't care. Their sales are fine. We are nothing to them
Message 487 of 487 (2,272 Views)