Keep getting disconnected from servers(Xbox)

by ievvckq1puj7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Keep getting disconnected from servers(Xbox)

★★★ Newbie

So, I've been playing Battlefield 5 and I was playing fine for several days, but then I keep getting disconnected from the servers about a minute into a match. I've tried three different game modes. It's not my internet because I'm still connected to the internet the entire time. I've tried turning my Xbox off and unplugging, tried to alternate MAC address and clear that and restart my Xbox, tried unistalling and reinstalling the game, tried turning off and unplugging my modem for my internet. None of those options have worked. I would really like to play the game but I'm essentially locked out of it. 

Message 1 of 8 (808 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Keep getting disconnected from servers(Xbox)

Community Manager

Hey there, @ievvckq1puj7 

We should go through some additional connection troubleshooting to see if any of it helps. First, I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem/router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem/router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (747 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey there, @ievvckq1puj7 

We should go through some additional connection troubleshooting to see if any of it helps. First, I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem/router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem/router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 8 (748 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ievvckq1puj7 Same issue for BF1 on PC. I keep getting disconnected every 10-15 minutes. Other games are fine, but not BF1.
Message 3 of 8 (740 Views)

Community Manager

@gksvr1 

Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection? Also, you can perform those same power cycling steps, but instead of the console instructions, shut down your PC and modem/router for 2 minutes.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 8 (729 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Aljo The power cycling steps worked wonderfully! Thank you Standard smile
Message 5 of 8 (718 Views)

Community Manager

@gksvr1 

Great! Glad to hear it. If you have any other issues, reach out again. Good luck on the battlefield!

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 8 (711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I tried this and so far it has worked. Thank you!

Message 7 of 8 (683 Views)

Community Manager

@ievvckq1puj7 

Excellent! Let us know if anything else comes up. Good luck and have fun!

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 8 (669 Views)