Air-balance is still a problem.

by Owen_D_S_W

Original Post

★ Apprentice

It is a great news AA is enhanced. BUT the issue I mentioned is still there.

On a 1080p monitor, you can't even see the plane coming when it's shooting bomb at u. And you can't even hear it coming.

So I always got killed by plane after it shoots me 3 seconds ago.

So the AA enhancement is not competing with airplanes fairly. The airforce is still too powerful.

In a single round conquest, I got killed more than 5 times by airplane and I didn't even know it's coming even when I'm sitting in the AA.

Message 1 of 17 (1,532 Views)

Re: Air-balance is still a problem.

Yeah I can barely even hear the Stuka coming sometimes; I hope they revamp the audio settings for the next title. I believe V had a limit on how many sounds could play at once so I assume with better tech next generation we'll get more

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 17 (1,498 Views)

★★★ Guide

@TTZ_DipsyYep, I think that's true, sometime certain sounds are just missing. The limit should be unlocked for 6+ core CPUs...

Regarding AA: nah, it's still super easy to kill planes. I think my AA K/D is around 10:1. Meanwhile Air vs AA probably below 1:1.....

Message 3 of 17 (1,475 Views)

Hero
Just wanted to add an FYI that if you're on a Axis vs USA map to remember to zoom in when scanning the skies. There is a problem at the moment with the US planea popping in, so you may not see them when not in zoom.

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 17 (1,443 Views)

★ Apprentice

But when I was sitting in AA on the ground. I got killed by planes more than running on foot. I didn't even know it was comming

Message 5 of 17 (1,426 Views)

★ Apprentice

While zooming in, I could only see a small angle, but the sky is 180° in 360° ways. I don't think anyone could skan the sky in such a small angle...

Message 6 of 17 (1,424 Views)

Hero

You might just have to put it down to potentially facing decent pilots who know where the SAA locations are, how to check if they're manned and how to exploit blindspots. 

Speaking for myself, right now I'll usually prioritise taking out SAA, if there's one active, and quite often I'll kill the same player repeatedly as they keep going back to the exact same location. 

Message 7 of 17 (1,379 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ElliotLH there's always 1 or 2 on every map
Message 8 of 17 (1,310 Views)

Hero
@Real_Noobalishus That is true but I only have a problem on Panzerstorm usually. I do play Breakthrough rather than Conquest though so I'm probably a bit luckier to only have to worry about certain locations.

Message 9 of 17 (1,280 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ElliotLH Panzer can be bad but I've found Al Sundan to be an absolute nightmare when you're on the american side. Nearly every game 2 Flakpanzers (with repers) will camp around their spawn resupply station and just blitz planes on the run way, the mountain resupply behind them and all the way to echo. You can take them out but you end up spending all game just trying to get them and no one else, makes for fairly boring gameplay
Message 10 of 17 (1,249 Views)