Battlefield Briefing: Exploring Battlefield Portal

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Briefing: Exploring Battlefield Portal

★★ Novice

Me too. I'd like to leave Arma3. I would love to see a Steam Workshop for Battlefield to enhance the customization of maps, uniforms, vehicles, etc.

Message 51 of 92 (1,722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Are horses from BF1 be added as well?

Message 52 of 92 (1,717 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will more Battlefield content be added in Portal? Like Battlefield 4, 1, 5, heck maybe even classics like 2 and 2142?

Message 53 of 92 (1,713 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I first saw the trailer for 2042, I was disappointed. I wanted a modern or near future setting, and wingsuits, grappling hooks, and robot dogs are not what I want in a BF game. So, this reveal of Portal has been a relief. I'm glad that it will be possible to play as factions from older games. Really excited to play the Bad Company 2 and BF3 maps. More of those please.

Message 54 of 92 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Novice

When you enable the server will it stay online all the time or you have to start new server every time? Is it just a preset like BFV or after you create the server its yours & players can join all day, even when you are not online?

Message 55 of 92 (1,684 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The FAQ says at least 1 person has to be in it for it to stay online. Makes sense otherwise it'll be way to expensive for them host hundreds of inactive games.

Message 56 of 92 (1,656 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 Will it be possible to change time of day for the maps? Night mode hardcore games would be fun.

Also how does rush/setting objectives work? Can you pick MCOM spots or is that all predefined? What about playable areas? Are these user defined? 

Anything you can share would be much appreciated!

Message 57 of 92 (1,655 Views)

★ Apprentice

I feel like a kid again

Message 58 of 92 (1,649 Views)

★★ Novice

@poohty_t wrote:

Look , i really like the idea of the Portal mode. A lot of very cool stuff went into making this and that is great. 

But i can not help but notice one glaring issue:

Dice has made it clear they are not adding a Battle Royale mode to this new BF ( very disappointing). 

But on top of that your not even gonna allow us the tools to make ones ourselves?

"There will be some limitations such as not being able to build a Battle Royale mode (yes, we knew you would ask)."

Here is my thing with this. You are clearly aware of a large appetite from people who want to see a current times BR made by the best company suited to do it. You clearly recognize the strong desire for it. I was asking myself earlier when i heard about the portal if it would be a way we could make our own BR. Your purposely not going to allow that plus not making it yourself. This is just very disappointing news to many people ( not just myself). Come on Dice , you know the desire is there. Make it happen please ! 

battle royale?

The only thing that matters is that CONQUEST is the best mode

Message 59 of 92 (1,639 Views)

★★ Novice

"Battlefield 2042’s progression is synchronized and will allow you to contribute to your experience gains by playing throughout the various available game modes."

Message 60 of 92 (1,632 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help