Windows sais: BF4 have stopped working. at start of mp/spectator game...

by ChessChamp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Windows sais: BF4 have stopped working. at start of mp/spectator game...

★ Novice

Game works in campain mode, but when I try multiplayer/spectator mode it shuts down after starting for a short while. Windows sais: BF4 have stopped working. I have tried most everything to fix this but nothing is goood that I've seen soo far! What else can I do?

Message 1 of 3 (248 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Windows sais: BF4 have stopped working. at start of mp/spectator game...

★ Novice

I have managed to get BF4 mp and spectator mode to work, but only when I switch windows account. I need to log out from my administrator account and log into another account named AcePatrol (which does not matter to mention, but anyway). I have that other account on my pc because the game AcePatrol also dont work on my regular and default windows account...

Soo, there is nothing wrong with my drivers or installation of bf4, proven since it works good albeit not on the default regular windows account. Something is wrong with the windows account which have followed me since Windows Vista and been upgraded through windows 7 to windows 10 recently, anyway that windows account cant be used when playing bf4 or AcePatrol. Also an malfunction of the game Virtual Pool 4 is perhaps claimed to be an issue related to the windows account problem, though I have found no solution for it by switching account for it...

Soo, for anybody who have problem with bf4 stopping working at startup of mp or spectator game, try creating another windows user account and use English alphabet for the account and then try bf4 on that account! (log out properly from you default and normal account before going into the new account)

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (230 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@ChessChamp I would recommend to repair your install first. Open your Origin client, go to your Games Library and rightclick on the BF4 icon. Choose "Repair Install" to check if this issue is related to some corrupted data. Could you please tell us some details about your system hardware? You can just post your DXDIAG in a spoilertag or via hastebin.

Update your Direct X, video-card drivers, your soundcard driver (especially if you use a Realthek HD card) and Microsoft .NET framwork.

Please try the following workarounds and keep us updated:

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 3 (238 Views)

★ Novice

I have managed to get BF4 mp and spectator mode to work, but only when I switch windows account. I need to log out from my administrator account and log into another account named AcePatrol (which does not matter to mention, but anyway). I have that other account on my pc because the game AcePatrol also dont work on my regular and default windows account...

Soo, there is nothing wrong with my drivers or installation of bf4, proven since it works good albeit not on the default regular windows account. Something is wrong with the windows account which have followed me since Windows Vista and been upgraded through windows 7 to windows 10 recently, anyway that windows account cant be used when playing bf4 or AcePatrol. Also an malfunction of the game Virtual Pool 4 is perhaps claimed to be an issue related to the windows account problem, though I have found no solution for it by switching account for it...

Soo, for anybody who have problem with bf4 stopping working at startup of mp or spectator game, try creating another windows user account and use English alphabet for the account and then try bf4 on that account! (log out properly from you default and normal account before going into the new account)

Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)