Red textures flickering problem & forced windowed mode

by Durzzak

Original Post

Red textures flickering problem & forced windowed mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello! The problem started after the new origin version. Till now, i`ve only saw it on Siege of Shanghai map. It doesnt happaned too frequentlly, but when it does, it`s unplayable, untill I hit alt+tab. On random moments, the game just goes into windowed mode and all textures become red and starts to flicker. I`m not 100% sure if that happanes only on Shanghai map, becouse i play mainly on it. I dont have problems on other games. Here are my pc specs:

2x4Gb A-DATA 1600Mhz RAM

SSD Samsung 840EVO

CPU I3 4130 3.4Ghz

GPU GTX 650 TI 1GB Vram - Palit version.

PSU CM Thunder 600W

MB GIGABYTE B85M-DS3H v1.0

CPU cooler ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

x2 Case fans.

WINDOWS 10 64bit

I`ve tried a couple of solutions, which didnt work. Updated GPU driver to newest and older one (clean install with DDU). The temps were ok- max 60 C. The gpu usage was 99%. I`m not sure the Origin client have anything to do with this problem, but it is very strange that it started after the update, and it was ok for a while, when i`ve returned to the older version. But it autoupdated so...there is a problem with something. I will upload a screenshot of the similiar problem,that i found on the net. Also reinstalled windows..and ran sfc/scannow but not a single problem was detected. Also in the eventviewer there aren`t any errors.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english. (Also I`m not sure,that this was the correct place to start the thread.)  //PS: The image below is not mine, but it decribes somehow the problem that I have.

Message 1 of 11 (740 Views)

Re: Red textures flickering problem & forced windowed mode

Community Manager

@Durzzak Thanks for the detailed post. If you turn down your graphics settings does the issue still manifest? Do you get a smooth frame rate of do you experience frame skips?

I take it that the driver package you're on is 372.90?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (710 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My graphic settings:

Texture quality-High

Texture filtering-Medium

Mesh quality-Medium

Post process quality-Medium

Terain quality -Medium

All other options are low or off. Resolution is 1920x1080 with vsync On. Frame rate is constant 60, with minimum of 40, if there are heavy effects. There is no frame skipping or stuttering.

My previous driver was 372.90, which also had the problem. I`ve change it to 365.19, but the problem persists.

Thanks for the response. 

Message 3 of 11 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks. Can you try whacking things down to the minimum and see if that has any effect?

EDIT: Don't suggest things that have always been tried, David Sorry. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 11 (655 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As i wrote,before, I`ve already done system check...twice. There were no integrity violations. Also tried to lower down the settings, but it happaned again in a hour of gameplay on Shanghai,again. Also, I am not sure, that lowering the settings can show anything, if they are already pretty low. With the settings that i wrote, i can achieve stable fps,almost 60 all the time. Also I tried Furmark to test the gpu, and it is fine. Cant reach more than 60 degrees and with no artifacts whatsoever. The interesting thing was, that with the older origin i didnt have that problem. Could there be some process of the newer client,that can affect the game that much?

Message 5 of 11 (642 Views)

Hero

You've repaired the game in Origin?

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 11 (634 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried that too. Nothing changed. At this point I dont know what else to do. Is there anyway to rollback to the older version of Origin? I tried reinstalling both,game and client, but the client just autoupdate`s itself or just warns me,that i can`t run the game without the update.

Message 7 of 11 (630 Views)

@Durzzak wrote:

I tried that too. Nothing changed. At this point I dont know what else to do. Is there anyway to rollback to the older version of Origin? I tried reinstalling both,game and client, but the client just autoupdate`s itself or just warns me,that i can`t run the game without the update.

Unfortunately not, the old version of Origin is no longer supported.  Have you tried disabling the Origin helper function and Origin in Game? They are two separate features and disabling both may help.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 8 of 11 (616 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I disabled them both, with no effect. I found Origin web helper service in my services list. It was already running and it was set to automatic start. Should i try to disable it, or it`s pointless?

Message 9 of 11 (603 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is  that it? No more suggestions? So I can assume that nobody cares, if there are just a few people with that kind of problem. The important is,that we bought the game. Now I`m sure, that somebody will write "The problem is complicated and can take time to figure it out".And it will take time, until you stop giving the "basics" of the computer science, and start reading what me, or other people wrote in our thread description. Now, the easiest thing for me to do, is just to call it a bug, and let it go. It`s not the first time that game fails at some point. But I`m sure,that atleast the source of the problem can be found. 

Message 10 of 11 (557 Views)