PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

by freppefrepp

Original Post

Re: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Easy Solution : Go to your battlefield folder,  Then to installer , then Punkbuster, then redist, and run the pbsvc

and install/reinstall services

Should work like charm..

Message 11 of 46 (7,787 Views)

★★★★ Novice

already tried, didn't help

Message 12 of 46 (7,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this doesn't work for this situation. I have tried all possible fixes. Have added PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB to the firewall inbound list. Have run PBsvc mutliple times and have also run Pb setup and none of these has worked. i dont know what started this problem as i logged in to play the game and this occured. i had not installed anything else over the past few days either, so im not sure what changed

Message 13 of 46 (7,746 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can someone from EA give us explanation why it doesn't work and what should we do to play their game? Answer that PB is not their product is not acceptable, I didn't pay for PB but for their game...

Message 14 of 46 (7,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Message 15 of 46 (7,683 Views)

FIX

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i had this problem and found out it was cause of process explorer, so if you are using process explorer go back to normal task manager and you will be fine.

Message 16 of 46 (7,638 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same problem too. It means that punkbuster isnt installed, not updated, or files are missing from it. Try this:

https://help.ea.com/article/punkbuster-technical-issues

Message 17 of 46 (7,036 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Guys if you still have problems whit PB in bf4 then see this page and do every step to fix this problem https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-punkbuster-troubleshooting

if this helps pleas give XP to my account thanks
mark this as solution if it solves your question so others will know the answer when they come here

Message 18 of 46 (7,035 Views)

★★ Novice

That worked for me this time Standard smile

Message 19 of 46 (6,940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you explain the steps to resolve the problem?

Message 20 of 46 (6,846 Views)