Battlefield 4 not launching

by TheOneInheritor

Original Post

Battlefield 4 not launching

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been trying for ages to get battlefield 4 to work but Origin is just a mess. I am now going through my 6th reinstall of the game and trying out another solution (hopefully). I keep getting an error code of 0x7E and missing 110.ddl. I have talked to EA help four times and feel like I am getting somewhere as I now have 110.dll but the same error keeps appearing. I cannot really fix the game itself since it does no appear anywhere in any Origin file. Don't know if that is because of me getting it from Steam and that I should get it from Origin for it to work but at this point I am going to refund it. I was wanting to play some modern battlefield before 2042 but I guess not with how much time I am wasting to try and get it to work.

Message 1 of 8 (770 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 not launching

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @TheOneInheritor ,

When you write that error message and the DLL that you were missing, do you then really mean a DLL named "110.DLL", or do you actually refer to the more generic "msvcp110.dll", which is a standard component of Visual C++ ?

And if you now how the real file that appeared to be missing (which actually indicate a faulty installation procedure that did not complete as intended; which then raises the question, what else may still be missing or not setup as intended), did you get the DLL properly mounted into the Windows setup on your PC please?

Its not just a question about copying the file onto your local harddrive.  It needs to be registered into the Windows Registry for the progras that needs it to work as intended.

Message 2 of 8 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yea I do mean msvcp110.dll. I know that I did accidently delete files linked to Visual C++ because my anti virus protector said that one of the servers of the game I was playing was under attack. I got scared like a * and deleted anything I could find linking to the game and later found out some of it was important. I am still kinda new to PC so I am a * and probably I am to blame to some extent to why Battlefield is not working right now.

Message 3 of 8 (741 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@TheOneInheritor Did not think dumba22 would be a bad thing lmao
Message 4 of 8 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@TheOneInheritor wrote:

Yea I do mean msvcp110.dll. I know that I did accidently delete files linked to Visual C++ because my anti virus protector said that one of the servers of the game I was playing was under attack. I got scared like a * and deleted anything I could find linking to the game and later found out some of it was important. I am still kinda new to PC so I am a * and probably I am to blame to some extent to why Battlefield is not working right now.

OK @TheOneInheritor ,

We risk then of course that more required files/settings may have been erased, or what do you think?

In any case, it will not hurt you or your installation by re-running these basic install routines, which can help to reinstall/reregister the baseline driver files you need for the BF4 program to start and run:

Run both setups that you find here:

X:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\ _Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist 

And similar, run this also:

X:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4_Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe

Message 5 of 8 (730 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@CyberDyme That is the issue though which has been mainly plaguing me. My Origin Games is completely empty and so is Origin, I cannot find Battlefield 4 anywhere even though Origin does say I have it.
Message 6 of 8 (723 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

OK @TheOneInheritor ,

Yes if you have manually used brute force to delete files from your installed environment, then it will obviously not work.  So your Origin environment will need a reinstall also, as its registry of games is corrupted, as are the areas with required supporting files.  Sorry for the bad news, but guess you must have considered this as result of that previous purge of files..  

Message 7 of 8 (697 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@CyberDyme Yea I figured as much it was the same for arma 3 but that worked from simply downloading what I was missing for some reason. Though this was about a year back when I deleted those files so I do not know if that it is still affecting me now or that I need to do something with this Window Registry. I am not sure at this point because I think I have tried every method to get this game to work.
Message 8 of 8 (693 Views)