Switching BF3 from PS3 to PC

by ZuluTeamSix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Switching BF3 from PS3 to PC

★★★ Newbie

I am very unsatisfied with Bf3 on my PS3, as the servers,connectivity, and controls are very disappointing. Kicks and bans are frequent as admins do not notify players if they are doing something wrong. I have spoken to a few different "reps" but they did not help me one bit. Can someone help me do something about this? PC seems much better as there is chat and the controls are very easy to use and servers seem to be better.

Message 1 of 6 (12,271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Switching BF3 from PS3 to PC

★ Apprentice

You would need to buy BF3 for the PC, there's currently no other way to switch to a different platform.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (13,019 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

You would need to buy BF3 for the PC, there's currently no other way to switch to a different platform.

Message 2 of 6 (13,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can't EA just deactivate BF3 on my EA account and just re add to a PC version?

Message 3 of 6 (12,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Indeed, you will have to buy a new copy of the game for PC. I would recommend returning your PS3 disc as well, but you might get less because you used the pass, but who knows, just try and return it. 

From what I know, and if Origin is like Steam, and from what I've heard it is, you will have to download Origin to your PC as well. Of course, your EA account will remain the same, so you won't have to make another one for BF3. 

On top of that, you will also have to make sure your PC can run BF3, and make sure it can run on the recommended settings and not the minimum requirement settings, otherwise it won't be fun. I've played Left 4 Dead 2 with a processor that met the minimum requirements but not the recommended settings, and the frame rate drops were maddening and unbearable to the point of making the game nearly unplayable (yes, I turned v-sync and triple buffering on in my driver, but it was still pretty bad). 

Regardless of my issues, here's a summary of what you'll have to do to switch from PS3 to PC:

-Make sure you can at least run BF3 on your PC(Recommended settings for best experience)

-Purchase BF3 for PC with a new Online Pass 

-Install EA Origin and BF3(you could buy BF3 off of Origin, if you prefer(in that case, install Origin prior to purchasing BF3))

Personally, I don't think "switching" from PS3 to PC is worth the effort and time for the payoff, and I think you would be better off sticking it out on PS3, but ultimately, it's your decision. Good luck Confusedmileyhappy:!

Message 4 of 6 (12,264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@ZuluTeamSix wrote:

Can't EA just deactivate BF3 on my EA account and just re add to a PC version?

I don't think so. You could try contacting EA support and see if the pass could be trasferred, but I don't think they could do that. Definitely ask support, but don't get your hopes up. I still think you're better off on PS3 though, "switching" is not as easy as you think. 

Try EA customer support before you follow my instructions in my previous post. 

Message 5 of 6 (12,262 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

unfortunately customer support wont be able to help you
Online Passes cant be transfered to other people as they have to be redeemed over the PS3 or you wont be able to download them
also as its technicly possible to take away the online access of the game on your account you would still be able to play the single player and/or buy a new online pass for a different accounts

support cant take your discs away

Message 6 of 6 (12,241 Views)