Will TPM In Windows 11 Do Anything About Cheaters On PC?

by Popa2caps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will TPM In Windows 11 Do Anything About Cheaters On PC?

★★★★ Pro

Will TPM in Windows 11 do anything about cheaters on PC?

Message 1 of 6 (639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will TPM In Windows 11 Do Anything About Cheaters On PC?

Community Manager

@Popa2caps 

“The Trusted Platform Modules (TPM) is a chip that is either integrated into your PC’s motherboard or added separately into the CPU,”  explains David Weston, director of enterprise and OS security at Microsoft. “Its purpose is to protect encryption keys, user credentials, and other sensitive data behind a hardware barrier so that malware and attackers can’t access or tamper with that data.”

Hackers may have a more difficult time, cheaters maybe less so but this is not confirmed.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (599 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Popa2caps 

“The Trusted Platform Modules (TPM) is a chip that is either integrated into your PC’s motherboard or added separately into the CPU,”  explains David Weston, director of enterprise and OS security at Microsoft. “Its purpose is to protect encryption keys, user credentials, and other sensitive data behind a hardware barrier so that malware and attackers can’t access or tamper with that data.”

Hackers may have a more difficult time, cheaters maybe less so but this is not confirmed.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (600 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Barry 

Okay thanks for that. I just always thought that if someone wanted to do something about cheaters, Microsoft would be the only company that could ready do something about it.

Side note: I tried asking the same at the Microsoft forums thinking I would have got one engineer to respond, but received a bunch of messages from Xbox Ambassadors instead, they didn't answer my question at all lol

Message 3 of 6 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

hackers use windows ring they call it this gives them access to the most secure ring and then they just pick it apart.

to combat this use a new operating system with no ring access and install it on the pc and verify it each game and then they cant use a debugger and ring to then pick it apart.

but each game would have its own os or each major game company like ea and that toon game whats it called fortnite.

Message 4 of 6 (566 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Message 5 of 6 (559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i have my own video too its of lex luthar proposing real estate mirroring my idea for game to have its own os with no ring that can be opened and not able to be used with a freely available debugger:

https://youtu.be/GnP8nfRB4g4

usless superman can undo this and free us from the tyranny of a secure hacker free game that is. sarcasm, to paraphrase geohot freeing us from the tyranny of the ps3 security. roll eyes.

Message 6 of 6 (553 Views)