Unravel stuck in the very beginning of the game

by AnKun2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unravel stuck in the very beginning of the game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Stuck at the very first gameplay screen, when you have to jump from the couch to the table. The game doesn't allow me to jump because Yarnie is stuck.

Please see the video to better understand the issue:

https://youtu.be/oWIA8JRmxqo

Re-installing the game didn't help. How can I proceed? I really want to play this game.

Message 1 of 6 (3,961 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unravel stuck in the very beginning of the game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, after doing some research, I found out that my controller have some noise output near the axis central position due to tear and wear, which is causing the issues, and can be easily fixed by configuring the deadzone. But since Microsoft doesn't allow us to configure deadzones for Xbox360 controllers (because of course, why would anyone give users an easy fix when they can go and buy a new controller, right?), I'm still looking for a way.

Anyway, thank you very much for the help.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (4,281 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Looks like he's garbing the rope. Try to just walk without pressing any buttons.

Are you playing on keyboard or controller ? Which platform are you on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,948 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

I'm playing on PC, and I've tried both Keyboad and XBOX 360 controller. After starting the game, I'm not pressing any buttons except jump. It seems the grabbing have stuck for some reason?

I've tried to mash all the buttons to ungrab it, but nothing helps. 

Message 3 of 6 (3,945 Views)

Hero

Can you check on the key settings ? Maybe even delete the settings file: http://unravel-unraveled.com/2016/02/14/everything-about-your-saves/ and see if it works then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (3,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, after doing some research, I found out that my controller have some noise output near the axis central position due to tear and wear, which is causing the issues, and can be easily fixed by configuring the deadzone. But since Microsoft doesn't allow us to configure deadzones for Xbox360 controllers (because of course, why would anyone give users an easy fix when they can go and buy a new controller, right?), I'm still looking for a way.

Anyway, thank you very much for the help.

Message 5 of 6 (4,282 Views)

Hero

Don't think that's much I can help you with.

I'm going to accept your post as solution for now but feel free to unsolved if you need further help with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (3,909 Views)