Re: What else can I safely delete? (Sims 3 cache - Windows 10)

by tabitharavenwood

Original Post

What else can I safely delete? (Sims 3 cache - Windows 10)

★ Guide

When it comes to clearing out these files:
CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

I know they are safe to delete.

I have also just discovered it's safe to delete the stuff accumulating in the "FeaturedItems" folder. 

As for DCBackup...from what I have looked up and read it should be safe to delete all but the ccmerged.package file. 

I have always found Carl's Sims 3 (or 4) page helpful, but in this case at the moment it's too much text to sort through and as for the DCBackup it mostly seems to be talking about CC?...though I am assuming when they say Premium content they mean Store content???

So...my question is:

Is it still safe to delete all (but the Ccmerged.packaged) even if you do not use Cc? I think the only store content I have is the Dragon Valley Gold edition items.

I am on Windows 10.

Message 1 of 3 (7,594 Views)

@Wholesome_Goth  Yes, it's safe to delete everyting in DCBackup except ccmerged.package.  The other files are duplicates of items you've installed through the launcher, both store and custom content.  If you were to create something and export it in Sims3Pack form, and that creation used cc, the DCBackup files would be necessary to make that cc stick to the file.  Other than that, they have no use.

Side note:  The .package files in DCBackup work the same way .package-based cc does, so if you wanted to convert a Sims3Pack to .package form, you could install it through the launcher, grab the .package files, and dump them in Mods\Packages, then uninstall the cc through the launcher or delete the .dbc files in DCCache.  This doesn't work for store content though, since it's encrypted.

If you're wondering about any other files in the user folder, here's a description of what they all are and what's save to delete:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (7,588 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for the follow up info.
I havent played since 2019 and needed an up to date verification of whether the same ol' tricks still worked and they do.

Thanks to you both. =^^=
Message 3 of 3 (5,619 Views)