Registration code not accepted

by Emilyreid244

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Registration code not accepted

★ Novice

I have downloaded Sims 3 on my Mac, including the late night expansion pack which came with it. But when I try install the programme, I enter my registration code and the 'continue' option isn't available. Can anyone help with this?

Message 1 of 6 (956 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Registration code not accepted

@Emilyreid244  The code that Origin provides you is the one you should be using, and it's the same one you'd have used to originally register the game if you bought a disc or digital code from a third-party retailer.  You can contact EA customer support to ask someone to double-check the code, if you want.  A support rep would be able to copy the code directly into a live chat window, and you could copy and paste it from there.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Just to double-check though, you are using the base game code to try to install the base game, right?  (Or the Late Night code to install Late Night.)  Those two codes will be different, and neither code would work in the other's installer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (875 Views)

All Replies

@Emilyreid244  Try copying and pasting the code from the pop-up Origin shows you when you click the button to install.  You can put the cursor in the first box and paste the entire thing; the other four boxes will fill with the appropriate characters.

Message 2 of 6 (945 Views)

★ Novice

Hi puzzleaddict, thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately this is what I was doing when it wasn't working. Is the code the number I get from the origin desktop app or should it have been emailed to me?

Message 3 of 6 (907 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Emilyreid244   Have you checked the library in your Origin account? If you bought it through Origin the purchase should be automatically redeemed. Origin may (should) have the activation code in the purchase history. If you already have the code (one that hasn't been used yet) you can redeem the code in Origin. As of 2012 the DRM for this game is Origin. Make sure you are using the correct account as once it is accepted by the system that code is locked to the account in use at that time and can not be reused.

Message 4 of 6 (883 Views)

@Emilyreid244  The code that Origin provides you is the one you should be using, and it's the same one you'd have used to originally register the game if you bought a disc or digital code from a third-party retailer.  You can contact EA customer support to ask someone to double-check the code, if you want.  A support rep would be able to copy the code directly into a live chat window, and you could copy and paste it from there.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Just to double-check though, you are using the base game code to try to install the base game, right?  (Or the Late Night code to install Late Night.)  Those two codes will be different, and neither code would work in the other's installer.

Message 5 of 6 (876 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for this, looks like I was using the late night code for the original sims 3 or vice versa but it's working now.

Message 6 of 6 (851 Views)