Re: Help with Sims 3 Simport

by NeRa_Sora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Hello, dig up this post because I have the exact same problem (since 2016) and have never been able to send a sim via simport due to a bug with a friend. Since then, I have reinstalled everything, even changed my PC, and didn't keep any backups. I'm sure the problem is related to my EA account. I still play The Sims 3, and every time I'm motivated, I desperately search for a solution. This is the first article where the problem is exactly like mine (since I can host a sim). I have already contacted EA support several times, and they have consistently closed my cases. I would like to know if a solution has been found? 

Message 1 of 5 (268 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the tip, I searched the Nraas website and the "DebugEnabler" mod has exactly the option I've been needing all this time! I installed it and all I had to do was click on my Sim and use the "Passeport Clear All" option. It unlocked everything. Now I'll be able to have fun with Simport, and I'm so happy! Thanks again.

I hope it will help other players.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (225 Views)

All Replies

@NeRa_Sora  I've split your post into its own thread since the other thread was quite old and could be closed as a necro.

Anyway, do you see any indication in your current saves that a sim is actually away?  Even if you can't cancel anything, it would be interesting to know whether the game itself is indicating that a SimPort is in progress.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (263 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much @puzzlezaddict

I have that old post in EA France: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Autres-jeux-Les-Sims/Showtime-Envoi-impossible-via-simport/m-p/5646538,

about when the bug happened (with a photo there) if it can help understand. The translation is :

"Hello,

I've been searching for a solution for several days, but I still haven't found one:

I sent my singer Sim on tour to a friend who received it without seeing it. She canceled the tour, but on my side, my Sim returned, but the tour stage remained stuck. Since then, I have deleted this Sim hoping to resolve the issue, but my SimPort is still blocked, and nothing is showing up in the tour interface. I can't send new Sims, and all the tour stages are grayed out. It's impossible for me to cancel them on my end."

Since I got a new PC, I didn't keep any saves and deleted the Sim. Additionally, it has been so long that I can't remember which user I used for the exchange. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. I have just created a new save in Starlight Shore and selected the Buckshot household. The message says, "You have too many Sims on tour or awaiting reviews. If you don't want to wait, click on one of your Sims in 'Sims on Tour' to cancel their progress in their current tour and free up a slot."

Message 3 of 5 (244 Views)

@NeRa_Sora  I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fix this.  I asked around too, and the people I talk to have no idea either.  The only other suggestion I have is to ask on the NRaas and MTS sites in case someone has seen this before.  But if it would require action on the EA side, I doubt there's anyone left at EA support who knows what to do.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (230 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the tip, I searched the Nraas website and the "DebugEnabler" mod has exactly the option I've been needing all this time! I installed it and all I had to do was click on my Sim and use the "Passeport Clear All" option. It unlocked everything. Now I'll be able to have fun with Simport, and I'm so happy! Thanks again.

I hope it will help other players.

Message 5 of 5 (226 Views)