Re: Orders for the Sims 3 Store won't work

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Orders for the Sims 3 Store won't work

★★ Novice

I received some simpoints by agreeing to a policy. I got 1000 simpoints. I tried to purchase a pack that was on sale, and the order just *didn't* go through. It got stuck loading, eternally. I tried to purchase it through the cart, but that didn't work either. It went through, but there was never a deduction from my 1000 simpoints, and it's still in my cart.

On top of that, none of my purchased items are showing up in my purchase history. I have some of the free items I've redeemed over the years, from purchasing the disk versions of the Sims 3 Expansion packs. Those still show up, but none of the other things I've purchased.

I tried to go onto a different browser and see if my previous purchases would show up when I went onto that browser, but it didn't happen there either.

If it helps, I'm on Chrome, and went to Microsoft Edge to try the "different browser fix"

I also tried to contact EA support, but there's nowhere I found where I could just get the support email, but instead would have to make an inquiry, and none of the options that show up for me to do that were ones on the Sims 3 Store, just on games published by EA, and problems within or about the games.

Message 1 of 2 (305 Views)

Re: Orders for the Sims 3 Store won't work

@Incho38  Try using Firefox or Internet Explorer, not Edge.  And if you already use Firefox, be sure to clear its cache before loading the store site, so you're not looking at stale data.

For the missing store items, do they show up as owned on their product pages?  If so, you can download them from there rather than your purchase history.  It's less convenient but would still be workable if you don't have that much content.

As for contacting EA customer support, live chat is probably your best bet.  Email responses tend to just list out common troubleshooting steps, and the replies make it sound like no one has actually looked at the player's account or any other details.  But with live chat, someone can pull up your internal purchase history and check it against the one you see on the store.

For the category of issue, I'd choose Sims 3 > PC > Missing content > Had content and lost it; you should then be able to select a contact option.  If you don't see the one you want, try changing the location in the upper right corner of the browser window to U.S. or U.K.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (283 Views)