New computer and lost games

by RebbeSakin

Original Post

New computer and lost games

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I’ve got a new computer and would like to play sims 3 on it, but my games got lost sometime during moving out. I’ll attach a picture from my old computer where you can see that all games were installed.

can you help me out?

good day

Rebecca Philipsen

Message 1 of 2 (388 Views)

Re: New computer and lost games

@RebbeSakin  If you ever registered the product keys for your game in Origin or on the old Sims 3 site, then you can download your content from the Origin account you used back then.  Origin and the old site share information, so even if you never explicitly made an Origin account, one should have been created with your email address and password.  Just login to Origin and have a look at your game library, and if Sims 3 is there, you can download it for free.

If you never registered the codes, you can still probably find them on your old computer, provided you haven't uninstalled and cleaned its registry.  Here's how:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

You can then create an Origin account or use your existing one and register all the product keys; the base game and packs will be added to your game library.  Please make sure you didn't already register some of the content though, because if you add the rest to a different account, you'll need to have the two accounts merged by EA customer support, which is a pain and sometimes doesn't work correctly.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (358 Views)