Playing without internet acess the sims 3

by angiendee

Original Post

Playing without internet acess the sims 3

★★★ Newbie

I bought the sims 3 and some exansion and stuff packs from my local walmart came home and downloaded them onto my lap top i had to have internet to play but it said it was only for the first time, lator my computer needed to be restared and after it came back on i was going to play but i couldnt beacuse i dont have internet acess at my home how do i turn the online part of my sims 3 off so that i can play it anytime anywere i want

Message 1 of 41 (87,186 Views)

Re: Playing without internet acess the sims 3

Hero

I think you need to put Origin in offline mode. Not sure though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (86,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how do u do that
Message 3 of 41 (86,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

How are you starting your games?

Do you log in using Origin first?

Are you just clicking on the Sims3 icon to start your game?

No internet connection

Using Origin, you can log into Origin when you're not connected to the internet. You do not need to do anything special because Origin will be in offline mode.

Without using Origin, you can still just click on the Sims 3 icon that shows up on your desktop after it's been installed. Press the big circle button with a play symbol on it on the left side of The Sims 3 launcher to start your game.

Internet connection

Using Origin, after you have logged in just click on the word Origin in the top left corner. Then select "Go Offline". Origin is now offline while your computer is still connected to the internet.

Without using Origin, start your game from the The Sims 3 icon and do not log in when the launcher opens. Click the play button on the left side of the Sims 3 Launcher. Once you get to the main menu where you can select a town to play your game in, do no log in there either. You may get a pop up asking you if you want to continue without logging in, select Continue without log in.

Message 4 of 41 (86,603 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately, this does not seem to be working as of Sept. 2013. When I click on the Sims3 launcher icon or the Origin icon from my desktop, I get a sign in prompt and am unable to get past it. The title bar warns that online mode is unavailable, and none of the links work. 

I'm running the Sims3 on Windows 8, with the following expansion packs:

Dragon Valley

Supernatural

Night Life

High End Loft

Message 5 of 41 (86,513 Views)

Hero

It's still possible to sign in offline but you need a one time online activation. Did you do that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 41 (86,503 Views)

★★ Novice

I think so - the whole thing with having to have the Origin app open while the game's running is a confusing PITA.  My husband poked at it and figured out if the laptop is in airplane mode then everything works as it should. Not sure why it works, but it does. 

Message 7 of 41 (86,485 Views)

Hero

Weird.

Is that a solution for you or do you need further help ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 41 (86,474 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, it works well enough for me Standard smile

Message 9 of 41 (86,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can anyone help? My Internet has cut out, and I can't work out how to log in to Origin offline. When I try to open the Sims without Origin, Origin pops up and won't let me proceed. :-/
Message 10 of 41 (84,515 Views)