How Do I Put Sims 3 Expansions Onto Origin?

by purplefreakisme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How Do I Put Sims 3 Expansions Onto Origin?

★★ Novice

When I first got most of my expansions, which was all around Into the Future - Sims 4 Release, I had the base game, which is installed on Origin. But, my expansions are not through Origin? Which is an issue for me, since soon I'm going to be switching computers and I need a way to download them all again. What do I do?

Message 1 of 2 (1,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How Do I Put Sims 3 Expansions Onto Origin?

@purplefreakisme  If you have disc copies of your packs, you can take the codes you used to install those packs and register them in Origin.  Those codes can be found printed on the backs of the inserts that came in the disc cases.

If you have digital copies of your packs—I know there used to be other legitimate ways to download TS3—then you should also have received a code for each pack, perhaps in a confirmation email.  Again, you can register these codes in Origin.

You might also want to check your Origin account to see whether you ever registered any of these codes.  Even if you used them in the Sims 3 Store, not Origin, the codes would still read as used, and you couldn't add them again.  Open Origin and click on the TS3 icon in your game library.  Then click More > Expansion Packs (or Stuff Packs), and check each one that you own.  For any pack that says Download, Play, or Details, Origin already recognizes your ownership of that pack.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,304 Views)

All Replies

Re: How Do I Put Sims 3 Expansions Onto Origin?

@purplefreakisme  If you have disc copies of your packs, you can take the codes you used to install those packs and register them in Origin.  Those codes can be found printed on the backs of the inserts that came in the disc cases.

If you have digital copies of your packs—I know there used to be other legitimate ways to download TS3—then you should also have received a code for each pack, perhaps in a confirmation email.  Again, you can register these codes in Origin.

You might also want to check your Origin account to see whether you ever registered any of these codes.  Even if you used them in the Sims 3 Store, not Origin, the codes would still read as used, and you couldn't add them again.  Open Origin and click on the TS3 icon in your game library.  Then click More > Expansion Packs (or Stuff Packs), and check each one that you own.  For any pack that says Download, Play, or Details, Origin already recognizes your ownership of that pack.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,305 Views)